MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dolomick Fri May 19, 2017 5:40 pm
Newbie here, just getting used to MPC workflow. Is there a way to purge unused programs from the hardware only? I found "purge samples" but I feel like it's not purging programs that are associated with those unused samples. The manual has nothing about this. Thanks.

Also, I find the quantization button in grid view wayyyy too small - the one in the upper left part of the grid that let's you select 16th's, 8th's, etc. I hope they move that to a better spot in future updates.

Finally, I find it a little opaque to arrange songs. I assumed there would be an interface like korg gadget or even Maschine with a better overview of how are sequences arranged in a more visual manner. That may possibly be a deal breaker for me, coming from those paradigms. Time will tell.
By J.O.BEATS Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 pm
dolomick wrote:Okay thanks, but is there a way to delete programs from the hardware alone?

Click the little pencil icon to the right of program on main screen
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm
dolomick wrote:Also, I find the quantization button in grid view wayyyy too small - the one in the upper left part of the grid that let's you select 16th's, 8th's, etc. I hope they move that to a better spot in future updates.

Forgot to mention - in GRID, hold down SHIFT and press the TC button to change quantise setting.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
dolomick wrote:Also, I find the quantization button in grid view wayyyy too small - the one in the upper left part of the grid that let's you select 16th's, 8th's, etc. I hope they move that to a better spot in future updates.

Forgot to mention - in GRID, hold down SHIFT and press the TC button to change quantise setting.

Correcting my own post, but another (quicker) way to change quantise in GRID EDIT - hold down NOTE REPEAT and the quantize options appear at the bottom of the screen (1/4 - 1/8 - 1/16 etc).