MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm
Peace, people.

Well last night, I was doing some music for my new video for the Live, since I have had it for 2 months. So I never once used the Live, I was strictly using my 2.0 on the laptop with my Midi keyboard and it was easy as pie. Akai has been getting a lot of flack so I said I will do some thing in the positive light.

It was easy to just get my midi keyboard up and run, just turned on the midi box in preferences and bam keyboard up and running quick. I loved that.

So I was going through the Air instruments and man, I tell you they sound amazing! So I just played out some stuff so when I present my video people can hear the Air Instruments, and the new ones I never knew existed.

Midi latency? Oh my GAWD! Man the midi handling is better and superior to Reason, and Studio One! Man everything was hitting on the grid with having to fix up my piano playing or chord playing. I mean the latency was accurate as f*** I erased what I played a few times cause I couldn't believe what was going down. I am straight loving this. No interface either, just straight midi keyboard and laptop. +1 for Akai with that. S1 did an update their midi gotten better and they have a new look, so midi handling imo is:
1. Akai's 2.0 software
2. S1V3.5
3. Reason 9.5.

Midi handling is the most important to me cause I play piano and when you capture a moment you don't want to have to go around having to move midi notes to the correct grid spots.
I have enjoyed that, and I will be in that more!

Anyone having good times with the 2.0 software?
By MaScHiNeHeAd Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Peace, Danoc...
Not spent much time with the 2.0 desktop as used my Live standalone for the majority of the 2 months I've had it, but I can't fault it atm....only time will tell!!
Every time I've loaded up in controller mode, it's performed flawlessly, so I count myself lucky!
I'll report back with any further progress I make!!
By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 pm
Peace be unto you also. I hope your day is going well.

Let me tell you the true where I was with the 2.0 software, I was adamant bout not using it at all and just using stand alone period. I use to say "I am not using the 2.0 software". I was freakin WRONG! I saw it and I was like this thing looks nice not to bad, then when I saw all the Air stuff I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy gotta get into this". Cause I had the Air products when I had Protools. I am familiar with Xpand, Hybrid, and Velvet, The others was new to me but when I got it all hooked up and familiar it was so easy. I will never listen to people again I will just try it out for myself. Now I can't put the dam thing down LOL

Loom, 809, Riser, DB-33, Mini Grand etc are so freakin dope, its ridiculous. If I just had this I could produce records easy. This just adds to my arsenal and I can't go wrong at all. Now I find my self making a choice being that the Midi latency is better than Studio one and Reason combined, and I didn't know it was coming this successful. So while others complain I am enjoying what 2.0 offers. I have always been like that. Take what you got and make moves, I only complain on some thing that matters, if I can make music, I just rock out.

Being I play piano, when I get fancy, they fall in just as I played them without me having to fix the midi notes like I do with Reason. Do you know how happy I am? --------> :mrgreen: Like that happy LOL I'm doing a video and show people what's up.

Any thing you guys do keep us posted.

Make music, love music, Be Music!
Rah Da N.O.C.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Peace, Danoc...
Not spent much time with the 2.0 desktop as used my Live standalone for the majority of the 2 months I've had it, but I can't fault it atm....only time will tell!!
Every time I've loaded up in controller mode, it's performed flawlessly, so I count myself lucky!
I'll report back with any further progress I make!!
By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
Yeah me too, we have an update, 2.0.3 I got it but I am not updating yet, I hear to many complaints, though I don't wanna listen to them, I am going to hold back, because everything is working perfect for me. And maybe if I do update it will work flawlessly, so I am looking at Akai and they are making the effect to give updates, that's in the positive direction.

I am glad you are enjoying the software, I love to hear people enjoying it. I work in combo mode I will make up my drums till I am satisfied then hook up to the laptop and then add everything else.

Hell if I was Akai I would sell the 2.0 software alone and make more money!

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Flawless times here also ;-)
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 pm
Nah..I'll update immediately i'm used to it as i come from Dave Smith Tempest camp where we're in beta software for 5-6 years maybe?Damn I've lost count...:-P Anyways really i don't like using software but the instruments and FX that packed inside the software left me speechless...It's like they're saying go make some music and shut the **** up!I'm all over this...
By mre8 Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:35 pm
Not clear if your problem got solved, but here was my similar issue. Same result when trying to import midi files to MPC software and MPC Live from Cubase. The problem was the extension. Cubase exports midi with .midi extension. MPC wants .mid.

I changed the extension to .mid after exporting from Cubase. Problem solved. Works with type 1 and 0.
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 am
Lol lmao :lol: :lol: you got me laughing so hard lol.
Man when l said they got Air instruments and effects l changed my attitude real quick lol man l got some ish coming! My singer she said "how the F*** did you get that sound to do that"? So l showed her cause she got the live too. She's a trained pianist and she said OMG! lol man p don't have time complaining about every thing. Im making music and moves.

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:It's like they're saying go make some music and shut the **** up!I'm all over this...
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 am
Yeah thats dope. Thanks for the info.

mre8 wrote:Not clear if your problem got solved, but here was my similar issue. Same result when trying to import midi files to MPC software and MPC Live from Cubase. The problem was the extension. Cubase exports midi with .midi extension. MPC wants .mid.

I changed the extension to .mid after exporting from Cubase. Problem solved. Works with type 1 and 0.
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:43 am
Hahaaahaa lmao :lol: :lol:

Man the software is to dope sorry l had to jump ship. Lol
I always keep gum on me
If l meet B man lm sliding her some tracks lol

Ill-Green wrote:Software huh. Traitor. I hope you run into Beyoncé and you got bad breath and snots running down your nose. :twisted:
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 am
Danoc wrote:Hahaaahaa lmao :lol: :lol:

Man the software is to dope sorry l had to jump ship. Lol
I always keep gum on me
If l meet B man lm sliding her some tracks lol

:-D Aw you know I don't give a fuuuh what anyone does. I'm just happy we all doing our own things :nod:
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:31 pm
Man l been doing a lot of piano playing and chops and dope pads and going through sounds. Quick fast and easy. Proves my point to jack asses like smack and Lux you don't need an interface. Plus if you know how to rock a software squencer it will be on grid all the time.
But l am enjoying this most def. Video coming soon.

Ill-Green wrote:
:-D Aw you know I don't give a fuuuh what anyone does. I'm just happy we all doing our own things :nod:
By d2ba Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:49 am
Im too afraid to upgrade from 1.93 (have MPC touch) and midi is most accurate I've seen on a computer since using 80's computers.(Atari 1040ST)
Is V2.0 even more accurate than V1.93?
By Danoc Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:19 am
Ima put it to you like this the midi in piano roll is better than both my DAWs combined!!! :nod:

You're at 1.93 andwe now have 2.0, that's an upgrade and that would mean the midi would be rock solid.lm finding myself using the 2.0 on my complex drums and complex piano playing.

If you feel comfy at 1.93 stay there don't move because lm comfy at 2.0. For this is my first time with Akai software. Im coming from 2 DAWs.

Peace

d2ba wrote:Im too afraid to upgrade from 1.93 (have MPC touch) and midi is most accurate I've seen on a computer since using 80's computers.(Atari 1040ST)
Is V2.0 even more accurate than V1.93?