Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Heru Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 am
Parts That I Used
- an old Sandisk Ultra 128GB micro sd card (used to use it in my old Galaxy Note 4)
- a Sandisk micro sd to sd adapter (10 pack for $9.25 from ebay)
- a DIGIGEAR Ultimate CF Adapter (SD to CF adapter for $12.95 from Amazon)
- a CF card to 2.5" IDE adapter ($6.50 from ebay; many Hong Kong sellers but I purchased it from the only seller at the time from the U.S. for faster shipping)

What I Did
- I formatted the micro sd card on my MacBook first. (exFAT)
- I put the micro sd card in the sd adapter, the sd adapter in the cf adapter, the cf adapter in the ide adapter.
- I used a piece of folded up tape as a wedge (not too tight) in the gap between the CF card and the HDM-10 Kit.
- Even though it doesn't seem like there would be a problem with the CF card slipping out, I also secured the CF card to the HDM-10 Kit with a small strip of tape just in case.
- I installed the mod in my 2500 and I formatted it again from the save screen not the load screen. ***I don't know if this last step was necessary but I did it anyway just in case.***

End Result
The mod comes up on the screen under HARD DISK as HDD Free121911MB. Everything loads and saves pretty fast.

Cost
Total cost of my 128GB solid state hard drive mod $20.375 + a 128GB micro sd card I had laying around. Nowadays you can get a very good 128GB (Samsung EVO Plus & Sandisk Ultra) card for $40.

*Side Note:
I put a 1GB, 2GB, 32GB and 128GB micro sd card in an sd adapter and the sd adapter in a cf adapter. I then tried each in the cf slot of my 2500 and they all seemed to be read by my 2500 just fine. I didn't try saving or loading anything with these options from the cf slot yet so I can't speak on that right now.
By WASKMUSIC Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 pm
nice post - had tried the same in the past and works great, only thing i couldnt get to work is the "SSD" AND a CDdrive. with the "SSD" connected it deactivates the cd drive. this was my experience. so it should work fine in a 2500 without a cd drive and sure in an mpc1000
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 pm
It’s really cool that even untested in regards of saving/loading that it works in the compact flash slot, it would be the ultimate solution to use only one Micro SD card for loading, working on and saving project files between multiple machines i.e. a 1000 and 2500 using the same OS version.

I’m really tempted to swap my hard disk drives out for this cheaper SSD style mod but I have a quick question. Does anyone know off hand whether with the SD to CF Adaptor, does it need to be Type I or Type II? Or doesn't it really matter what type it is?
By BJax Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 pm
I bought a SD to IDE adapter for the hard drive slot (12 €) and a SD to CF adapter (24 €) for the CF card slot, put a 128 GB SanDisk SD in each and everything works smooth and fast.
Now I have about 210 GB of space on my MPC 2500 which I will never need.
By marceloasherq Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:52 pm
BJax wrote:I bought a SD to IDE adapter for the hard drive slot (12 €) and a SD to CF adapter (24 €) for the CF card slot, put a 128 GB SanDisk SD in each and everything works smooth and fast.
Now I have about 210 GB of space on my MPC 2500 which I will never need.

This work out well for you?

I just purchased an IDE to SD converter and a CF to SD converter for my 2500. I also have a IDE HDD that I just purchased (same one sparq uses), but I don't really trust a spinning disk to not fail somehow.