Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Pimp_Mantle Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:06 pm
I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative to Propellerheads Recycle?
Recycle is way too expensive at the moment but i miss that fast chop & slice and quick export out. I use to only auto-slice and just drag the waves to a folder on MPC 2500.
By Pimp_Mantle Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 pm
Lampdog wrote:http://bfy.tw/DLIF

I tried google little ofcourse but those suggestions i found is garbage and not so related to hiphop & mpcs.
Amazing there hasnt been a good standalone alternative to it yet. Chopping in JJOSXL still feels lil clunky and i dont want to abuse my poor jog and buttons. I guess i have to pay up for Recycle soon!
By richie Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:36 am
Why can't you use an audio editor and just do it?
By Lampdog Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 am
Pimp_Mantle wrote:suggestions i found is garbage and not so related to hiphop & mpcs.

I don't think an audio editor is genre specific.

By richie Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 am
Lampdog, having Recycle makes your drums sound more "soulful" and have "dilla swing" ....
By Lampdog Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 am
Ohhh, ok. I've had it wrong this whole time.

Silly me, wasting my life using Sound Forge for years. :Sigh:
By Pimp_Mantle Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:42 am
richie wrote:Why can't you use an audio editor and just do it?

I got Sound Forge and its great for a more precise editing etc. I use it all the time when the wave dont have so clear transients. But for a quick auto-slice & dump i feel Recycle is faster. But the price tag on Recycle for just being a quick auto-slicer is just too high.
By richie Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:33 pm
I have Recycle 2.1 I can share if you want.
By TheUnfuckwithable Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:42 pm
Pimp_Mantle wrote:I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative to Propellerheads Recycle?
Recycle is way too expensive at the moment but i miss that fast chop & slice and quick export out. I use to only auto-slice and just drag the waves to a folder on MPC 2500.

To me there is no alternative to Recycle. No other program comes close IMHO.

Check the 2nd hand market (KVR, Gearslutz, etc.). I´ve bought Recycle for an awesome price this way.
By Mike Boogie Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:19 pm
**** wrote:
Pimp_Mantle wrote:I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative to Propellerheads Recycle?

To me there is no alternative to Recycle. No other program comes close IMHO.

Check the 2nd hand market (KVR, Gearslutz, etc.). I´ve bought Recycle for an awesome price this way.

A great way to acquire this software! Not sure what Recycle can do that MPC can't do right now?
By Pimp_Mantle Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm
richie wrote:I have Recycle 2.1 I can share if you want.

Thank you i appreciate it very much but i received it right now for a nice price from friend.
I had a older version before that felt tighter? When i move a slice marker manually with larger samples it lags little? Otherwise am happy to have it back again finally.

**** wrote:To me there is no alternative to Recycle. No other program comes close IMHO.

Yea its real quick and user-friendly.

Mike Boogie wrote:A great way to acquire this software! Not sure what Recycle can do that MPC can't do right now?

Well i fine-tune the chops after on MPC and it save me some time. Its comfortable to just having your MPC playing in background and you just playing different chops with simple mouse-clicks with one finger. To me that feel much better than having my head down on the MPC and turning on my squeaky jog-wheel.( I got a broken Q-link)
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm
Recycle is good but is in need of an update, it's pretty clunky to use imo but the end results are great. I love the extra bit of decay it adds to each chop, plus the envelope control on each chop. But 180 EUR for a 'one trick' app that hasn't had a major update for 6 years is ridiculous. What other chopping apps have the extra decay and individual 'live' envelope per chop?
By Pimp_Mantle Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:26 pm
Coz wrote:https://www.oscillicious.com/beatcleaver/

Thanks, I tried the demo and liked it. Its got a faster zoom with the mouse scroll and feel smoother overall.