Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Celticbeatz Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:08 pm
hey
any one have any idea when 2.0 bout to drop for the ren........its been a frustrating wait......im gone back to using the Push 1 until its out due to frustration..........anyone heard anything
By TheUnfuckwithable Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm
2.0 won´t be compatible with the Ren & Studio. At least that´s what I was told at Messe this year...
By Paradox1 Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:47 pm
bummer,

So im guessing no more updates for the ren/studio then
By Living Bate Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:30 pm
Paradox1 wrote:bummer,

So im guessing no more updates for the ren/studio then

I doubt Akai give a fuck about Rens or Studios anymore. They will just be focusing (and i use the term loosely) on the new range.

They clearly aren't a company that particularly cares about honoring their word, and they won't have much inclination to put work into supporting old models.
By Living Bate Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:36 pm
that being said, there was a bloke on another thread who said he had 2.0 up and running on a Renaissance (unpaid)....so if ya that interested it is possible...
By acura Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm
**** wrote:2.0 won´t be compatible with the Ren & Studio. At least that´s what I was told at Messe this year...

Don't know if this is true.

http://www.akaipro.com/support/kb/artic ... or-mpc-2.0

This article has been updated on the 29th of June 2017 and it says:

"The following MPC owners will be eligible to purchase the full MPC 2.0 software at an upgrade price upon the release:

MPC Studio, MPC Studio Black, and MPC Renaissance owners who purchased their MPC before January 1st, 2017 are eligible to update to MPC 2.0 for $99."

So it should be coming for the Ren. I'm waiting :nod:
By ntalec Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 am
Well considering they have successfully sold beta software to all the people who were dying to have the MPC-X and MPC LIVE I doubt they are really concerned with what's right or wrong.

If they were really trying to get 2.0 out to the Ren and Studio owners it would be out for purchase but thanks to a customer base that will pay $2k for a device that comes with software that is still classified as beta they simply aren't pressed to deliver.

Users need to stop talking bad about Akai and treat Akai like they treat their users.
Never forget they need customers but customers don't need them, not with all the options currently available now.
By Living Bate Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am
i think they are hoping that Studio & Renaissance users will get frustrated about a lack of 2.0 and just buy a Live or a X
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am
Living Bate wrote:i think they are hoping that Studio & Renaissance users will get frustrated about a lack of 2.0 and just buy a Live or a X

I can certainly imagine a conversation where they weighed up the pros and cons of investing 1000s of hours working on the blue screen OS (in exchange for some $99 upgrade fees) vs just getting all Ren owners to upgrade to the new $2k model.

Personally I don't think it's looking particularly positive for the bluescreen guys - even if Akai did cobble together a version of 2.0 for them I do wonder how long they'd be willing to continue providing updates for it. Can Akai juggle development for three unique interfaces (touchscreen, bluescreen, computer GUI)? Because ATM they are clearly struggling to handle just the touch OS.
By TheUnfuckwithable Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:ATM they are clearly struggling to handle just the touch OS.

:lol:

Things like this make me appreciate even more that I still can use my Maschine MK1 controller from 2009 with the latest Maschine software!

But Native Instruments eats Nukai for breakfast anyways. :smoker:
By ntalec Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm
**** wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:ATM they are clearly struggling to handle just the touch OS.

:lol:

Things like this make me appreciate even more that I still can use my Maschine MK1 controller from 2009 with the latest Maschine software!

But Native Instruments eats Nukai for breakfast anyways. :smoker:

I have to agree.
There are certain things I don't like about Maschine but I use it more than the Renn and have had my other MPCs packed away for quite some time.
As it stands I will probably go ahead and pre-order a mkIII within the next week to replace the mkI.
By jahsoul Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:48 pm
I'm split on this. I think this quote hit the nail on the head.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Personally I don't think it's looking particularly positive for the bluescreen guys - even if Akai did cobble together a version of 2.0 for them I do wonder how long they'd be willing to continue providing updates for it. Can Akai juggle development for three unique interfaces (touchscreen, bluescreen, computer GUI)? Because ATM they are clearly struggling to handle just the touch OS.

Hardware was released with a Beta OS and all of the energy will be focused on getting the touch OS up to speed, which will ultimately leave the Blue Screen Gang to the side. I'm only using my Studio Black for sequencing, so I'm not as affected as other users, but it sucks because the expectation was put out there. They put a price out and had people ready to pay the $99. But these are reasons why I don't adhere to the concept of brand loyalty.
By Living Bate Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 pm
jahsoul wrote:They put a price out and had people ready to pay the $99. But these are reasons why I don't adhere to the concept of brand loyalty.

For me it's not even about brand loyalty. . . I just want to keep some kind of familiarity to my methods

I went from 2Kxl to Renaissance and the transition was easy and enjoyable

If Akai want to release a new MPC and tell their old customers they are cutting them off that's one thing. But what they've actually done is kinda what I'd expect from a bunch of slags
By jahsoul Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:13 pm
Living Bate wrote:
jahsoul wrote:They put a price out and had people ready to pay the $99. But these are reasons why I don't adhere to the concept of brand loyalty.

But what they've actually done is kinda what I'd expect from a bunch of slags

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured the blue screens would make it through the 2.x release. All I'm waiting for now is the prices to bottom out on the Ren to pick one up.

Just sucks for everyone waiting on an official release.