MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MiDiMAN Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:25 am
STANDALONE MODE - would be nice if we were able to use our usb keyboard not just to name programs, tracks,or sequence, but akai should also allow us to customize some short cuts for our Live or X; or even better they should put out their own version of the MPC standalone usb
keyboard. I am happy with the workflow; but this i think would be nice.
By vwkountz Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 am
MiDiMAN wrote:STANDALONE MODE - would be nice if we were able to use our usb keyboard not just to name programs, tracks,or sequence, but akai should also allow us to customize some short cuts for our Live or X; or even better they should put out their own version of the MPC standalone usb
keyboard. I am happy with the workflow; but this i think would be nice.

Add pad perform button to the keygroup and midi track screen like drum program has pad assign and sample edit.

Add program edit to the drum track screen with pad assign and sample edit

Love the keyboard idea. Can Akia make usb Qlink add-on based off the MPC X with the scribble strip (if your working on it then "carry on).
By zangetsu01 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:05 pm
While they shouldn't put this on top of their priority list, I think it would be cool if we could add an avatar/picture to every music project (Project info page) and add some song info to it..
By zangetsu01 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm
**** wrote:
Ah...erm...yeah, that would be...erm...cool.

:Sigh:

Kids these days...

Calling me an kid.. :Sigh: You sound like a f*cking dinosaur, just like that rusty old MV-#*$& you've got..
By Smackdee Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 pm
PDC in software, can't use any plugs that introduce latency and it's been this way for a while!!!!!
Legato/Glide for keygroups, very important for today's music and the 4000 has had this forever so the know how is definitely there!!!!
Copy and paste in grid....
By Gnome Tone Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:37 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:While they shouldn't put this on top of their priority list, I think it would be cool if we could add an avatar/picture to every music project (Project info page) and add some song info to it..

I think that's a superb idea. I'd want my own images to accompany my projects and folders, could even be the Album art for the project. I'd hate to have to look at those cheesy pictures Akai used every time I turned on my machine. THAT would be a groove killer.
By zangetsu01 Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:27 pm
Gnome Tone wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:While they shouldn't put this on top of their priority list, I think it would be cool if we could add an avatar/picture to every music project (Project info page) and add some song info to it..

I think that's a superb idea. I'd want my own images to accompany my projects and folders, could even be the Album art for the project. I'd hate to have to look at those cheesy pictures Akai used every time I turned on my machine. THAT would be a groove killer.

I'm glad you like it. They can even make it so that the folders that contain your projects will have the album art image on them. that way you can easily scroll trough your projects without reading the folder names..
By rageone Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am
a range of vst synths (at least a small one) that you can take with you in standalone mode... at least one. it would be awesome to have a built in synth that you can use anywhere...

edit:

a way to convert a preset from a vst into a keygroup program (by sampling it internally somehow) would also be nice if the 1st option isn`t an option...

also... THEMES! i`d love to be able to change the interface from red-gray to something more green-ish and this would be a super simple-to-add feature :D i know that`s retarded and that ppl usually want more serious shit but everybody gets to wish for stuff, right? :))

the bar on the left where you can select between xyfx, grid view, track view etc should be editable. i mean you should be able to select 5-6 shortcuts to the stuff in the menu, the 5 or 6 that you use most...

hardware track mute button (shift+smth) would also be nice

selecting multiple notes (shift+tap?) in grid view

later edit:

change the damn intro screen and stupid phrases like "let`s make some beautiful music".
Last edited by rageone on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Purusha Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 pm
Event copying and pasting, direct from grid and step-sequencer, is something I'm amazed isn't there already. If you can select events and move them around, not being able to duplicate or copy those events seems bizarre.

Streaming audio tracks from disk is another obvious one, which many other people are asking for. That would make moving projects from Ableton/Cubase much easier for me.

Side-chaining compressor(s) would also be useful.

Edit: Oh - and an optimised method of transferring the guts of projects from DAWs.
By dazastah Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:29 pm
Midi Plugin support...

then pad perform should be a mpc midi plugin meaning it will stay locked within main mode....

Midi tracks can output to other tracks within mpc

External midi control of mpc functions like track volumes, mutes solo sends... etc

Macro mpc pgm where you can set pads to do trigger different functions ...
pad 1 can trigger pad1 from track 1 , pad 2 can change to next sequence , pad 3 can send midi cc , pad 4 can track mute track 1 and so on...

as someone mentioned before, a vsti keygroup convertor freezer.. In software mode you can freeze your vsti into a keygroup pgm that can then be used in standalone mode...
IF anyone is interested you can do this with extreme sample convertor .. I've been converting lots of Komplete and Chromaphone 2 to use with the live in standalone mode..
By DBNS Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:45 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned but I think something really needed and workflow enhancement for the heads that sample would be having the option to merge programs when chopping new samples in the convert setting and not having to do so manually.