Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By RiskOne Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 am
Yes fellow mpc users! Whats good?

First post (longtime lurker!) I'm getting a random issue with the CF card i'm currently using (kingston 2 GB cf) in my blue mpc 2000xl.

When i'm overwriting a .seq file i get a disk read error. The issue is that all other types of files can be overwritten with no problem (.aps, .snd etc) but when i try to save the .seq it just crashes the mpc? Mainly when i load a beat up, make a few changes and then save all for the .aps (no problem it saves/overwrites all of the .snd's & programs) but as soon as i try to save / overwrite the .seq i get the disk read error message? If i change the name of the .seq it saves fine but not if i try to overwrite it.

It has only recently started happening, is it a dodgy card or some dodgy data in the .seq file? I haven't tried re-setting anything or removing the ram yet and trying it, is it worth doing to eliminate these?

Safe! Risk
By Lampdog Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm
Try reloading your OS. Doesn't sound like the problem is big enough to warrant an OS reload but it is an option.
By tapedeck Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm
another option is to rename the seq slightly. i encounter this sometimes when overwriting files. i also try to name my stuff sequentially so i have different evolving versions in case something ever does go wrong.
By Harmoncj Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:20 pm
fwiw, you can open window on .all files and get the individual .seq files out of it. that might fix the symptom for now.

edit: can't do this, im dumb wtf :shock:
Last edited by Harmoncj on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tapedeck Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:26 pm
Harmoncj wrote:fwiw, you can open window on .all files and get the individual .seq files out of it. that might fix the symptom for now.

are you fn serious?! i never knew this if this is the case.
By Harmoncj Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm
tapedeck wrote:
Harmoncj wrote:fwiw, you can open window on .all files and get the individual .seq files out of it. that might fix the symptom for now.

are you fn serious?! i never knew this if this is the case.

edit: no im totally mistaken! not sure how i got that idea nm :roll:
By RiskOne Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm
Thanks everyone, im going to try what lampdog suggested and reload the OS, if that fails i'll just rename the .seq each time i save as a work around. I'm hoping this issue is just related to the card im using!

Safe! Risk