MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:47 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:So all these demo units - what version is running on them? Is it a crippled 2.0 or 1.9 version special for the standalones? I wouod guess a crippled 2.0 since it is showing clip launching.

I asked one of the first stores who posted about Live on IG, and they said it was 1.9.xsomething.
By AnSolas Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:53 am
What about busses in the Mixer ?
Anyone knows if they have or plan to improve the Multisample Mapping , last time I tried it , we had to select the samples manually form a dropdown...
By IMAKEMADBEATS Thu May 04, 2017 5:07 pm
Have you guys witnessed audio tracks with no PDC yet?
How do you feel about it, after dropping couple of 3rd party plugins in the mix? Or even UAD?
By zangetsu01 Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 am
Our Fanu:

Is Plugin Delay Compensation coming to software anytime soon?

Dan from Akai on GS:

It's easily one of the top feature requests we get, so we're definitely planning to add it. Officially, I can't give a date, however.
By Fanu Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 pm
I wish that if Akai cannot fix plugin delay compensation, they'd allow for tweaking of delay (bipolar) amount of pads/tracks. I know it'd all be a bit f*cked if it got fixed later on, but still.
Putting some UAD and DMGaudio on my kick pad, and it's dragging so bad…
By Fanu Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:44 pm
Finishing stuff for my next album, pulled out a project with plugin delay issues…
Thought I'd finally give a shot trying to run it inside Ableton Live, as some have suggested that'd fix PDC.
That was a crashfest and audio stutter fest. Did not work.

Back to rendering tracks out I go…frustrating!! Wouldn't have to have that headache if PDC worked. Just give us that PDC already.
But, yeah, we all know they can't implement it. As the last update came out, I asked Pete once again if PDC is in the works…no reply (not that I'd expect him to reply at this point as I'm sure they lack the skill to implement it…just want to keep keeping the fire under their ass lit).
I wish they just hired a guy skilled enough to fix the mess.
By Fanu Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm
tonemelle wrote:Akai need to step that development team up at this point. They took a lot of people for a ride for way too long. The controllers had the potential to be a real game changer. PDC needs to be implemented.

I'm fairly sure it's not in the works at all. And this is not a hater comment (the last time I used the MPC software was today).
I've asked Pete if it's being worked on so many times...no reply. The last time I asked when the last update came out; he reacted to my positive comment but not to the question. A "yes" would do.
I know why companies don't want to spill the beans on something new, but a basic feature relating to usability...I'd think they could at least say "yes".

Best not to think it'll come.
Five+ years of no PDC, and a new version written from the ground-up...do the math.
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am
At the moment they are still struggeling to get 2.0.5. for controller mode up.. Next to that there are a lot of super basic things missing (renaming of sub busses to just name one :Sigh: ).

I believe PDC won't be seeing the light of day anytime soon. At least in the MPC software that is.. :popcorn: