MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JeanPS71 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Hi mpc headz.

I'm new to the MPC and the MPC 2.0 software and I can't find this function.

So I made a song(beat, track) that contains mpc samples, plugin tracks and midi tracks. I made an arrangement in song mode.
It's finished and I want the whole project rendered as an audio file so I can play it on my mp3 player.

Do I have to record all plugin tracks and midi tracks to an audio file.....or can I record the whole song in the MPC 2.0 software?
By JeanPS71 Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Thanks for the reply

I'm at work now........but with Audio Mixdown....does it also record the midi parts and the plugin parts?
Is it going to play the song and record it into the computer?
By JeanPS71 Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 pm
So I tried....but as I expected it doesn't record the external midi instruments.

I looked in the mpc bible, but can't find an answer to this question there.

Do I have to record all external midi gear on audio tracks myself......or am I missing something.
By odeed Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 am
Anyone have an answer for this? I am having the same issue when I export a sequence, "As audio mix down." My midi notes/sounds are not in the mix down.
I am running version 1.9.6 btw.
By Monotremata Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:35 am
odeed wrote:Anyone have an answer for this? I am having the same issue when I export a sequence, "As audio mix down." My midi notes/sounds are not in the mix down.

Do you mean MIDI tracks like, the tracks that are playing an external synth not the software? Or do you mean its not bouncing down your MPC programs?
By odeed Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:53 am
Monotremata wrote:
odeed wrote:Anyone have an answer for this? I am having the same issue when I export a sequence, "As audio mix down." My midi notes/sounds are not in the mix down.

Do you mean MIDI tracks like, the tracks that are playing an external synth not the software? Or do you mean its not bouncing down your MPC programs?

Yes I mean the tracks that are playing an external synth. The sound is coming from my Access Virus.
By Monotremata Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:07 am
Ahh that's easy. Those are MIDI tracks. Theres no audio there at all. Those tracks are just data going out and telling your synths what to play. You still have to record the synths inside the MPC before you can bounce them with the whole project.
By odeed Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:21 pm
Monotremata wrote:Ahh that's easy. Those are MIDI tracks. Theres no audio there at all. Those tracks are just data going out and telling your synths what to play. You still have to record the synths inside the MPC before you can bounce them with the whole project.

Ah ok, thanks. I kinda figured. What's the best way to go about doing that?
By Monotremata Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:58 pm
odeed wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Ahh that's easy. Those are MIDI tracks. Theres no audio there at all. Those tracks are just data going out and telling your synths what to play. You still have to record the synths inside the MPC before you can bounce them with the whole project.

Ah ok, thanks. I kinda figured. What's the best way to go about doing that?

You have to record them as Audio tracks inside the MPC. Then each sequence will have its own audio tracks to play back for your outboard synths. I haven't really looked into that yet as I just use Logic for anything that doesn't involve an MPC drum or key group program. So far all Ive done was use the sampler to grab bits from them and turn them into loops.