MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Djnnif Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:30 am
So a friend and I just purchased a pair of MPC5K. This is my 1st music production center and I'm very unfamiliar with beet production. I've gone through most of the previous post and couldn't find an answer to a few questions I had. 1st under my sample menu the phono Setting does not appear in the input. Also I'm trying to find out if it is possible to take a sample from spotify or a similar streaming service on my cell phone.
By Molotovbeatz Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am
Hi there, congratz on ur purchase. Me myself I bought one like few weeks ago and as a good advice from a beginner to a beginner read the manual that came with. The answer to your question are there.

You can sample everything from any electronics that send sounds through the jack outputs. For example if you want to sample a sound from your phone, you need to use a cable that has RCA on their ends (Red and white), those you plug in the RCA input of your MPC and when you hit Mode HD Record then you choose analog as input.

Happy sampling.

PS: Take 15 mn of your time and read the manual from A to Z. You will find there many interesting things that would help you in the future. Especially the connectivity part and understanding them.
By jackofdiamonds Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm
Gentlemen, I am a newbie, and have been trying for weeks to make my jjos screen move from 128mb installed to the operating windows. None of my buttons light up because it is not initialized, as I have tendered from MPC a certified new repaired Board tact switches. I have bought many new cf cards and memory cards, and to no avail, will it jump to jjos windows operations. Please help me suggest concise info to reinitialize, or find the original akai software. At this time it has jjos_3.14.bin, which is no problems to install.Iu have removed the memory card, and also reformatted the cf card many many times. I am confused and tired, please help me suggest a definite fix. jck.