MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Tubedigga Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:34 pm
Tuuuuuubediggggggaaaaaaaaaz!

MPC 2.2 is here!

Please check out my MPC 2.2 tutorial playlist for all the new features:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tubedigga on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By hansjbs Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Was just about to post that 2.2 is here. Will watch your vids on my lunch break.
By analog kitchen Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm
Tubedigga wrote:Tuuuuuubediggggggaaaaaaaaaz!

MPC 2.2 is here!

Please check out my MPC 2.2 tutorial playlist for all the new features:

Enjoy!

sweeeeeeet!!!

it's finally here!!
By Insomniac Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:23 pm
Yeah, now my VSTs dont show up when I open their window, its just a blank black background with the patch list pull down at the top. Seems only to be the bridged 32bit plugins

Anyone else?
By sneakydisco Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:55 pm
Dan from AKAI came thru ! MPC X NOW TRIGGERS EXTERNAL INSTRUMENTS LIKE DRUM MACHINES WITH A TRIGGER MMC MIDI MESSAGE , MIDI CLOCK TOO ! NICE ONE AKAI !
By kaydigi Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 pm
MPC Live (controller mode), Touch and Studio users rejoice!!!!

So in the software I was able to midi map my maschine mk1/maschine mk3 and akai mpk to the 16 qlinks. It's a thing of beauty not having to rely on the toggle button for the row of 4 qlinks.

I can't seem to enable this in the stand alone Live hardware though, still trying.
By Danoc Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 pm
sneakydisco wrote:Dan from AKAI came thru ! MPC X NOW TRIGGERS EXTERNAL INSTRUMENTS LIKE DRUM MACHINES WITH A TRIGGER MMC MIDI MESSAGE , MIDI CLOCK TOO ! NICE ONE AKAI !

So you're saying the MMC and MTC works? I am down loading mines right now so I can install it in a few minutes, I want my Live to master over Reason 10, cause Reason 10 can't master clock, it can only be a slave. Are you able to make the X master cock Sneaky?
By Danoc Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 pm
Insomniac wrote:Yeah, now my VSTs dont show up when I open their window, its just a blank black background with the patch list pull down at the top. Seems only to be the bridged 32bit plugins

Anyone else?

You may need to reinstall that don't sound right, you may not have installed it correctly.
By sneakydisco Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 pm
@ DANOC , in 2,1 i could not get my external devices such as drum machines to start when i pressed play on the software. ( there is a preference setting page that did NOTHING !) It worked on the MPC X in standalone , all 4 ports worked. NOT IN SOFTWARE MODE THOUGH.
NOW , in 2.2 it works ! I can press start on my project /session/work in the software and everything starts , and its in time . so in technical speak i suppose 2.2 now enables the computer software to be the MASTER , the MPC X then sends the MMC and MIDI clock signal out of any or all 4 ports on the back to other things as SLAVE .
this is HUGE for me , as the MPCX was advertised as being "the central hub of the studio and sychronizes computer DAW into workflow" . . . . . . . except . .. . it didn't. Stunned no one else picked up on this , but i felt very let down when found out this didn't work.
PROPS TO DAN AT AKAI! i asked for this and he said it was a bug that would be fixed in 2.2 in a few weeks , and here it is !
IM VERY HAPPY NOW , SEAMLESS INTEGRATION BETWEEN HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE NOW. THIS IS A MIND-BLOWING PIECE OF KIT AND I HAVENT EVEN SCRATCHED THE SURFACE OF ITS POWER. I CAN SELL MY 2000XL STUDIO AND MY VP9000 . ALL MY EFFECTS BOXES AND DITCH DAW TOO AS THIS HAS IT ALL.
By kaydigi Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm
kaydigi wrote:MPC Live (controller mode), Touch and Studio users rejoice!!!!

So in the software I was able to midi map my maschine mk1/maschine mk3 and akai mpk to the 16 qlinks. It's a thing of beauty not having to rely on the toggle button for the row of 4 qlinks.

I can't seem to enable this in the stand alone Live hardware though, still trying.

Welp confirmed, global midi learn is software only. It's a great update, but this sucks!!!
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm
kaydigi wrote:

Welp confirmed, global midi learn is software only. It's a great update, but this sucks!!!

:Sigh:
By v00d00ppl Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm

I can't wait to go home and do this. Crazy timing shifts for all!