Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Samp Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi,

I just installed JJOS3 V.2.0 but didn't take time to try it for the moment.
Does Simult Sequence break the rule of the 32 voices of polyphony ?
I mean can we break this limitation if we play 2 sequences simultaneously (32+32 for example) ?

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/s_sequencee.htm

Thanks !

PS : And also, JJ if you read this , you're the MAN. Thank you for the work. You're a Genius :worthy:
By Hepkat Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:59 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:I've never understood this feature. I know how it works but I don't see its usefulness.

Try setting up a 4 bar sequence for just ur sample (no drums) with a time signature of 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4
Set up seperate sequence, 4 bar with just your drums, now seq edit an 1 extra bar onto ur drum sequence so u now have a 5 bar drum sequence, now go to the time signature and edit it to look like this... 4/4, 5/8, 3/8, 4/4, 4/4

Play the first 4 bar sequence and ss the 5 bar sequence! :mrgreen:
By allank Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 am
NO, it doesn't break the rule, some sounds will drop out if you are exceeding 32 sounds.. This is a physical limitation of the machine.
By Lampdog Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 pm
32 polyphony is a hardware limitation. You cannot break that in single notes.
You can have a sample that plays several instruments, ONE sample, that would be ONE note and the mpc will see it as ONE note. So in that sense you can play more than 32, way more at the same time.

Again, you cannot pad bang 33 different samples at the same without one cutting out.