Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By drumjockey Sun May 06, 2018 8:23 am
Sent the ol’ girl off to MPCStuff. Pads not triggering properly, getting random loud feedback noises...Having Red Fat pads put on her and whatever else needed to get her working correctly again. Had been thinking of getting a Push 2 but Ableton completely escapes me. Hardware MPC Midi’d up with Reason is what works best for me. Can’t wait to get her back...
By distortedtekno Sun May 06, 2018 1:54 pm
Good luck with her. Glad to see you're getting the repairs done. Definitely a better choice than Ableton in my opinion as well. Push 2 seems cool. But just like you, I'm not crazy about Ableton. The MPC and Reason is always a fun combo, since the Reason rack is similar to hardware.
By drumjockey Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 am
After a lot of quick, helpful emails back and forth...MPCStuff couldn’t replicate the issues I was having. But nonetheless I’m having them put on Red Fat pads, red qlink slider caps, red volume and input caps, and getting a new power cable. May have been bad MIDI cables, or bad SPDIF cable, as that’s how I connect it up to my interface into Reason. Isn’t costing nearly as much as I was expecting and technically it’s my backup, as I use my 5000 with my main setup. (One of the lucky few who has one that wasn’t a lemon) Plus I gots a Touch as well. So I’m excited to get her back...and had scratch left to get new Ortofon MKII Scratchs for my TT’s. Peace y’all, make music and make this world better.
By drumjockey Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 am
Got her back! Looks dope, working great! Though I had forgotten how different and sometimes slower things can go with a 2500 as opposed to my 5000 or Touch. Man I wish MIDI pad assignment didn’t have to be set up correctly every time I power it on...overall stoked though. https://instagram.com/p/Bir___TH5nQ/