MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DOGRU Tue May 15, 2018 1:53 pm
Hey guys,

Since the 2.2 update I've been trying to get a user template to load by default. Ive saved it the project as a template, and selected the template via preferences, but to no avail its not working. Ive tried it on an external hd, the internal hd, in a folder and out of a folder. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong or of its just buggy. Any one tried this out?
By justineastwick Wed May 16, 2018 3:49 pm
DOGRU wrote:Hey guys,

Since the 2.2 update I've been trying to get a user template to load by default. Ive saved it the project as a template, and selected the template via preferences, but to no avail its not working. Ive tried it on an external hd, the internal hd, in a folder and out of a folder. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong or of its just buggy. Any one tried this out?

I’ve been trying to do this myself. Would be nice if it works.
By justineastwick Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 am
ChrisMPC wrote:You need to set Preferences - New Project Dialog to Demo/Template/recent.
Then restart your MPC and it should work - I had the same Problem and somebody in another forum gave me this tip.

The new project dialogue says “not installed,” so is there anyway around that?
By DOGRU Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 pm
justineastwick wrote:
ChrisMPC wrote:You need to set Preferences - New Project Dialog to Demo/Template/recent.
Then restart your MPC and it should work - I had the same Problem and somebody in another forum gave me this tip.

The new project dialogue says “not installed,” so is there anyway around that?

Hey dude, apologies on the late reply. I actually had to RMA my first X. I'm assuming by deleting all the installed content I deleted the function somehow. The person I had talked to didnt tell me this, I just assumed. But, when I got my new X I didnt delete any of the installed content and it works fine.
By justineastwick Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:13 pm
DOGRU wrote:
Hey dude, apologies on the late reply. I actually had to RMA my first X. I'm assuming by deleting all the installed content I deleted the function somehow. The person I had talked to didnt tell me this, I just assumed. But, when I got my new X I didnt delete any of the installed content and it works fine.

So, if I reset my MPC Live and add all the stuff back, it'd work?
By DOGRU Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm
justineastwick wrote:
DOGRU wrote:

So, if I reset my MPC Live and add all the stuff back, it'd work?

No. It wont reset with the factory installs. Honestly, your best bet is to build a basic project that you know you use consistently and load it up everytime or start a dialog with someone on the official Akai support forums and see if they'll RMA it. Honestly, it was almost a silly thing to send it in for. The process to load a user template isn't much different than they way they have tried to streamline it. You'll still do a bit of menu diving. but its not long at all.
By justineastwick Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:56 am
DOGRU wrote:No. It wont reset with the factory installs. Honestly, your best bet is to build a basic project that you know you use consistently and load it up everytime or start a dialog with someone on the official Akai support forums and see if they'll RMA it. Honestly, it was almost a silly thing to send it in for. The process to load a user template isn't much different than they way they have tried to streamline it. You'll still do a bit of menu diving. but its not long at all.

Yeah, it’s not that big of a deal for me... I always delete everything off my MPCs to try to build my own custom library (struggling with building my drum kits); that what I intended to do when I got my MPC Live...

Other than that, my MPC works good. She’s got a 1TB HDD in her, so I ain’t got to worry about running out of space ever... LOL.
By BigJohneyK Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 am
I'm having a similar issue. I deleted the demos folder and in so doing screwed up the templates and recent projects options on startup.

Saving a project gives you the option to create folders. So what is the directory that comes factory so I can recreate it? (Ie. Internal>Demos> ????)

Thanks
By bees80 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:55 am
Re-creating those directories won't make the screen come back. It's just a sloppy software thing, because why would you give users the option to delete internal memory if it's part of the process to show the startup dialog to open recent projects.

Anyway, i just created some favourite folders via the browser, the first map is my project map, second is samples etc. On startup just quickly double press menu to get in the browser and you can load your projects too..

Hope akai will make it possible to load custom projects defaults ..
By frankie13 Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 pm
There's like three threads on this right now.

Recreating the folders does not help, but if you email support, Akai will provide the autorun file needed to restore template functionality.

As for whether the current implementation is the best way, YMMV.
By bees80 Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:28 pm
frankie13 wrote:
Recreating the folders does not help, but if you email support, Akai will provide the autorun file needed to restore template functionality.

Thanks for mentioning that, i wasn't aware to of this. Contacted akai. From reading the forum, i understood you only had to bring it to a service center, but if this works, then it's all gooooooood.