Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By damien907 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:37 am
theres quite a few record stores in the area, just go on google maps and type in record store.
By tapedeck Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm
everyday has a pretty good dollar bin, that's what i was referring to.

there's also a place on pike, also in capitol hill, that is nothing but 'dj' records, and they too have a huge, nice dollar bin. it's called 'platinum records lights sounds' and it's near the corner of pike and broadway.

dude that runs it is really cool too.
By damien907 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm
tapedeck, do you live in the area?

@ op, i dont really know about many record stores with dollar bins, but there are a couple good ones in the university district, again, dont know if they have dollar bins though.
By tapedeck Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:18 pm
damien907 wrote:tapedeck, do you live in the area?

no but i lived in skagit for a while and came to seattle a few times for music.

everyday + platinum + shipwreck day in anacortes kept me satisfied.
By damien907 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm
tapedeck wrote:
damien907 wrote:tapedeck, do you live in the area?

no but i lived in skagit for a while and came to seattle a few times for music.

everyday + platinum + shipwreck day in anacortes kept me satisfied.

thats cool, hit me up if your ever in the area again, i live in tacoma.

i havent been digging forever, ill have to check out those spots when im back up that way.
By Headphones Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am
Ive been picking up .50 cent records from Georgetown Records in south Seattle. They got crates of cheap vinyl, and even Hip Hop 12” singles. I found all the House/Techno they had in the cheap bin, so now I’ll have to just branch out into other genres I suppose.

There’s also JiveTime up in Fremont, Al’s in the U-District & Federal Way (They closed their Tacoma location), & Time Tunnel in Burien (Which I need to check out myself).

There’s a thrift shop in downtown Tacoma which has tons of vinyl, but it may or may not be worth digging in. I know I’m vague on it, so I’ll go down there Saturday & let you get the name/address of the shop.

There’s another place in Tacoma called Buzzards, I think? I’ll have to check that out as well. :-D
By inflict3 Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 am
Jive time in Fremont use to be my spot...also there are a ton of record shops in Tacoma on 6th..jive time 99cent bin is what’s up though.. didn’t realize there were so many Seattle cats on the forums, this is nice...
By Headphones Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:57 pm
I didn’t get the time I wanted to go dig in Tacoma. I guess Georgetown Records has so much in the .50 cent crates, that going to other stores will be a tad hard. I went to a place in Renton, and they had good stuff, but not much of it was cheap. Oh well.