Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Hagibeats Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:25 pm
So I’m working with an mpc2000xl at the moment and I have 3 synths that I have connected through midi via a Kenton midi. Here’s my problem my when I record a track on midi on mpc it records and plays back all the synths at the same time, now I know there must be a way to create a program so I can record each synth on a different track without any of the other synths playing or been recorded. If anyone has any suggestions or maybe it’s something simple by all means help a brother out.
Thank you.
By tapedeck Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Hagibeats wrote:So I’m working with an mpc2000xl at the moment and I have 3 synths that I have connected through midi via a Kenton midi. Here’s my problem my when I record a track on midi on mpc it records and plays back all the synths at the same time, now I know there must be a way to create a program so I can record each synth on a different track without any of the other synths playing or been recorded. If anyone has any suggestions or maybe it’s something simple by all means help a brother out.
Thank you.

set your synths to receive on different channels.
set your mpc tracks to output midi only to that channel for each synth.
its in the bottom of the main screen.
By Hagibeats Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 pm
tapedeck wrote:
Hagibeats wrote:So I’m working with an mpc2000xl at the moment and I have 3 synths that I have connected through midi via a Kenton midi. Here’s my problem my when I record a track on midi on mpc it records and plays back all the synths at the same time, now I know there must be a way to create a program so I can record each synth on a different track without any of the other synths playing or been recorded. If anyone has any suggestions or maybe it’s something simple by all means help a brother out.
Thank you.

set your synths to receive on different channels.
set your mpc tracks to output midi only to that channel for each synth.
its in the bottom of the main screen.

Thanks for the reply man.
I have my Korg set to midi output 1 and my the track set up to midi device 1 which just plays just the Korg which it’s great, but I have the d05 set to midi output to 2 and the track to midi device 2 and when I play that track I’m still get the korg be recorded onto of the D05. Maybe I missed something?
By tapedeck Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm
you want to set your receive channels on your synths, not the output channel.

also if your mpc midi thru setting is set to 'as track', then anything you play on the korg will play whichever channel the current track is set on.
By Hagibeats Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:07 pm
tapedeck wrote:you want to set your receive channels on your synths, not the output channel.

also if your mpc midi thru setting is set to 'as track', then anything you play on the korg will play whichever channel the current track is set on.

I see what you mean, I’ve being going through all the settings on my synths and can’t seem to find anything like receive channel maybe it could be called something else that I’m missing? I’ve linked a photo of the setting page on the korg maybe you can spot it.
Thanks again

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10848 ... =40#manual