For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Mitchlw Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 pm
Dear Users,

I have always used Akai MPC. I've had a MPC 1000, MPC 5000 and the MPC Renaissance.
Last year i made the decision too sell my MPC Renaissance and buy a Maschine MK3. Unfortunately i cant get in the touch with the workflow of NI Maschine, so i wanna jump back to AKAI, but which MPC?

I have used the 2.0 software briefly on the MPC Ren and first thoughts were good, how is the software now?

Would you advice me to go back to the MPC Renaissance or should i jump to the touchscreen series Touch or Live?
I would love to buy the X, but it is somewhat above my budget right now....

Is there a huge difference between the Touch and Live?? Or should i have too try and find a Ren?

Hope ya'll can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
By monkiusz Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:13 pm
It all depends on your needs. I kept my Ren because I don’t like touch screen and it has nore knobs and buttons.even ordered thick pads for it. Also - just upgraded my Mac and bought a lot plugins which I use. But if you are ok with a touch screen, want have option to use it in standalone - you can go with Live. Read more about them, watch youtube videos and decide.