Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By TheBeatSmith Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:15 am
i have serached and serach the froum cant seem to fin can some help me tell what kinda is compatible with the 4k (256) and can i gte it at compusa thx in advance

By TheBeatSmith Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:26 am
is this correct and does the pny brand one work
168-pin DIMM (PC133/PC100, CL2).

By TheBeatSmith Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:29 am
what does 128bit x 16 mean is that 8 chips on one side and 8 on the other

By Rob Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:29 am
Yes, that means the DIMM stick *must* have 16 chips (8 per side) if you want it to work with the mpc. I bought a stick that met all the specs, but only has 8 chips, and when used only provides half the memory. So make sure you get all the specs right.
By Kid Captain Coolout Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:18 pm
You can get the right MPC 4000 memory from 4AllMemory.com. They've got the best prices around. They also package their products well - RAM ships in these little memory-sized boxes with shock cushion in them. I've ordered from them 3 times and they're very good. You can even email them first a to give them any of your machine's memory specs and they'll give you just what you're looking for.

And yes, their MPC 4000 Memory works. I have one of their 256mb chips installed next to the 256mb chip that came with my 4000.
Last edited by Kid Captain Coolout on Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Paul Oakenfold Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:53 pm
I bought some off a dude on ebay - apparently it's low density SDRAM that it has to be. He charged me £40 for the full 512mb and has plenty more if there's any uk cats need maxing.... great service and he knew what I needed straight off. It came in 2 days and worked straight off.
By grassroots Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:38 pm
Kingston KVR100X64C2/256 definately works. Buy It if you can get it! Just remember to push it down really quite hard when you go to install it.
By Kid Captain Coolout Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:16 am
Be careful when you're lifting the 4000's hood. You don't wanna lift it up too far because, you might pull that thin white cable out of place. It's the one that connects to your LCD screen. Just make sure you lift the hood by the front panel like it says in the manual.

By DaSoof Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:21 am
Paul Oakenfold wrote:I bought some off a dude on ebay - apparently it's low density SDRAM that it has to be. He charged me £40 for the full 512mb and has plenty more if there's any uk cats need maxing.... great service and he knew what I needed straight off. It came in 2 days and worked straight off.

u got the link for that bruv?

By Paul Oakenfold Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:21 pm
DaSoof wrote:
Paul Oakenfold wrote:I bought some off a dude on ebay - apparently it's low density SDRAM that it has to be. He charged me £40 for the full 512mb and has plenty more if there's any uk cats need maxing.... great service and he knew what I needed straight off. It came in 2 days and worked straight off.

u got the link for that bruv?

Can't find a link offhand, but this is the guy's email [email protected] - he's a proper memory trader, and if you give him the specs that it says in the manual he'll know what you mean and sort you out.
By Osmose Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:47 am
Kid Captain Coolout wrote:Be careful when you're lifting the 4000's hood. You don't wanna lift it up too far because, you might pull that thin white cable out of place. It's the one that connects to your LCD screen. Just make sure you lift the hood by the front panel like it says in the manual.

Where is this thin white cable???.....because I was just putting a new sheet of RAM (from 4allmemory.com that was not showing up in the Global page)...when I removed it and rebooted no LCD screen?? Where is this cable??