Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Upright Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:09 pm
When loading a program from the Mpc 2500 I am getting the following error message:

Inv. gen. inst.
PC(a501847c)

This occurs when trying to load a program
Clear memory:No
Replace same file:No

Half way through the loading of the samples it gives me a SYSTEM ERROR!!! message followed by a lot of white noise and then displays
Inv. gen. inst.
PC(a501847c)

The Mpc 500 at this point is frozen and must be rebooted.

I am trying to figure out why this occurs seeing as the whole project started in the 500. I transfered it to my 2500 and worked a couple of things out and then tried to transfer it back. :?

By Upright Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:29 pm
Ok I figured it out. :D

Just as someone suggested in another post when you"SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY" on the mpc 2500 this is what creates this error message in the mpc 500. When I resaved only "SAVE ALL SEQS AND SONGS" and "SAVE ALL PROGRAMS AND SAMPLES" there was no error messages.This makes sense because the 500 only works with SEQ,WAV,and PRG data from the 2500(I am assuming it works with SONG data also) :D

Maybe this will help someone with saving data between the 500 and 2500.

By Upright Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:25 am
I didn't have to answer it. I just felt it may help someone later.
Sorry if I offended you Episode.

By episode Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:33 am
Upright wrote:I didn't have to answer it. I just felt it may help someone later.
Sorry if I offended you Episode.
HAHA, nah, I didn't take offense to anything. I'm saying you figured out your problem quite fast... 20 minutes. I've had problems that I've slept on for days and had trouble figuring out.

By Upright Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am
I feel you on that one!!1

By episode Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:36 pm
Things have been pretty smooth sailing lately with the 2500 though. I don't have problems with syncing b/c I haven't been really tracking beats lately, and the save-to-a-new-folder workaround is working for the "missing/wrong/corrupt files bug." maybe i'll encounter more issues, when... or if i ever get a 500.