New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By PhonzeySB Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:22 pm
Hey, (I am on a mac)
Just got the akai MPD24, and getting starting is proving to be a ****. Basically if anyone can help me with:

1. Setting sounds to the actual controller (mpd24) because i cant seem to do that, however i do have the software Uniquest installed.

2. Setting up the controller in conjunction with the music software soundtrack pro.

3. What the software BFD Lite is designed to do, Is it just to practice playing drums in? Can i set sounds into it?

4. Anything else that would be helpful to someone who is pretty much as 'Begginer' as you can possibly get.

Thanks for reading, even more thanks and respect if you can help me out. Also, if you can help and are on msn that would be very helpful to talk to you. My adress is [email protected]

Ralph

By nordlead Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:49 pm
RTFM

Its all there!!!!

As for BFD lite ive never used but lite always means very limted (normally a taster)

By robthebank2morrow Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:39 pm
Yeah I gotta agree they are all really obvious questions!

1. It's a controller. Therefore you cannot put sounds into it you can only control things eg. Battery or BFD

2. Have you installed the drivers and read the manual? Have you read the help on setting up MIDI devices?

3. BFD is a drum ROMpler (Look it up), so no you cannot put sounds into it unless you buy the extra sound packs

4. Read all the manuals and stuff and do some searches before someone else bites your head off...

By PhonzeySB Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:02 pm
Yea alright mate, i was only asking for help. You were like this once.

So your saying i cant have my own sampled sounds being triggered on the MPD24 unless i do what?

By nordlead Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:41 am
dude ive only owned an mpc1000 for a shortwhile and its so easy. Your mpd will be aswell. just open the book on how to hook it up. its all there

I read the manual twice on the mpc took me an hour tops

By PhonzeySB Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 am
The manual only really tells you what each button does. I just need help on setting it up and sampling my own sounds.

By Macaiah Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:08 am
this is off topic but for some reason i have the urge to rob a bank tomorrow :twisted:

By Hamzter Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 pm
so, you use the MPD24 to trigger sounds that are located in the computer.

if you have verified that the MPD is connected correctly, then you will need to load sounds in your program on the computer.

as for BFD, it is a software program like Reason, Garageband and Logic.

The only thing you need to do now is get your samples/sounds in the computer and load them...

in the manual of your music program you might want to lookup loading sounds. not the MPD24 manual as it will not tell you how to do that. The MPD24 manual will only tell you how to connect it up to your computer and how to manage the midi channels and other features it may have.

I hope that helps.
By Lampdog Thu May 18, 2017 3:37 pm
Exactly 10 years ago the op wrote this topic, lol. Seriously guessing he has it figured out by now. But props for taking time to answer.