Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:06 am
If you've got an idea for a new OS feature, feel free to add it here

(please note that MPC-Forums.com have no affiliation to JJ so if you really want to push a new feature, best to contact them direct).

UPDATE 2/2/09: Now that the MPC1000 and MPC2500 JJ OS forums have been combined, please make sure to specify which MPC model and which OS version you would like to add a feature request for.
By formantuk Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:33 am
Hi,

I'd like to see

1. selectable LPF/BPF/HP/LPF2 filters on both the left & right audio inputs
2. both filters should have a dedicated LFO each.
3. And control of the filters using the q-link sliders as well.

thanks

F

By H-Mann Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:34 pm
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=77325

stan steez wrote:Okay I was asking JJ about feature requests and that's what he had to say:

Since the memory does not remain any longer, neither addition nor change can be performed.Moreover, the addition which deletes a function is not performed.Only correction of a bug is made from now on.

SO far for the TOPIC 'FEATURE REQUEST XYZ'

:(
[/quote]

Did I miss something?

By rinseout Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Uh that was quite aggressive...:shock:

I love the feature immediately play, but since its on the main screen you can only use it to switch to next or the seq before. If this option was on the next seq screen it would make much more sense, simply tapping the pads and switching parts of sequences. Anyone with me on this?

Would improve my workflow playin live massively

By mkl... Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 am
>>>assignable tracks out

>>>midi cc in to qlink

By mission Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:00 pm
When loading a folder of samples, it just goes into memory and then I have to go find it.

Im the kind of guy that has his 808kix in one folder, 808perc in another, chopsnares, vox, sfx1, sfx2, acoustickix, etc etc...

My programs are all sounds from the same sort of category so if I load, say, the QD_KIX folder and Im actively on a QD_KIX program (just created) then Id like to have them sequentially assigned automatically rather than have them lost amongst the samples from my 63 other programs. they are as good as gone then.

By hereo Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:44 am
mkl... wrote:>>>assignable tracks out

I second that!

By truvc Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:41 am
track selection in track mute.

[track mute] page
addition of one F key: F1[track]
hold F1 + press pad X -> select track X

for live use that would be finally a fast way to select a track.

By thedvs01 Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:19 pm
When naming and renaming samples or programs, I want to be able to press SHIFT + the left and right arrows or the Bar Locate buttons and have it move the cursor in the text field to either the very first character or the very last character of the sample/program name (Similar to the HOME and END keys on a computer keyboard)

formantuk wrote:3. And control of the filters using the q-link sliders as well.

Also, while in TRIM mode - Q-Link 1 adjusts the starting point value and Q-link 2 adjusts the end point value, regardless of where your cursor is on the screen and which field is highlighted.

The same for most other screens like this, like the SLICE and CHOP screens
Last edited by thedvs01 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By smokymcbucket Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:33 pm
when you press SLICE, to be able to enter a numeric value in the field. Save wear and tear on the wheel, and time cos it would be more precise.

By casonova197 Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:43 pm
yea agree here with dvs, also having trouble auto chromaticing samples. It'd be nice for a similar feature the mv 8000 has. To keymap a certain sample to certain pads at a time. The whole button would be useful If it could select/deselect certain pads. If this is already possible let me know. Too many multisamples at a time could get troubling.

By jahrome Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:09 am
Wrote this at the beginning of the year. Some of these have beed added since I wrote this:

2007 Akai/JJ Improvement Suggestions
2006 was a good year on all fronts for improvement to the lastest MPCs. Here is my additional list of suggestions that would greatly enhance these MPCs. Many of these functions are possible with older MPCs:

1. Effects routable to individual outputs
2. Time Code – add 1/64 and 1/64 triplets
3. Recording: 16 bit, 12 bit, and 8 bit recording
4. Simul: Sequence and Song
5. Global note assign: GM and Cromatic
6. Filters: More filter types and/or EQ per each sample layer
7. Add EQ to the mixer section
8. Independent Amp Envelopes per each layer
9. Assign Q-link knobs/sliders to specific MIDI channels/CC
10. Sample loop playback modes: forward, reverse, alternating
11. Cross fade looping
12. Ability to name external devices connected to MIDI OUTS
13. Ability to name each MIDI channel
14. Programs: Add the ability to add at least one keygroup program
15. Editing samples using Q-link sliders: after key should toggle ON/OFF so you don’t have to hold them when adjusting sample start/end points
16. Real time timestretch/pitch shift using Q-link knobs/sliders on samples in memory
17. Piano roll edit for MIDI/keygroup tracks in addition to the grid edit for drum tracks
18. Click/metronome: routable to individuals outputs w/ volume control and selectable sounds
19. MTC slave improvement
20. Compatibility w/ legacy Akai CD Roms, as well as Roland and Emu
21. Saving/loading samples: List view with the ability to select individual or multiple samples to be loaded
22. Automatically assign multiple samples to a program in one pass
23. Back-up to CD-R (Programs, samples, sequences)
24. Assign up to two MIDI channels per track

By Murahachibu Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:36 am
I would like this:

* When loading samples off of hard drive or card, add option to assign entire folder to a program. This would make it easier to build programs and not have to manually assign samples if you have a large number.

By tieyri Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 am
Hello!!!

I Would like to use the track mute mode when i recoording my song on the 57 track.Like the DJ...

thanks..

By jahrome Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:09 am
Murahachibu wrote:
I would like this:

* When loading samples off of hard drive or card, add option to assign entire folder to a program. This would make it easier to build programs and not have to manually assign samples if you have a large number.

Co-mofokinsign!

That's number 22 on my list:

jahrome wrote:
22. Automatically assign multiple samples to a program in one pass