Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By DH™ Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:17 pm
Since I saw the new blue case and just started working on my MP again after about a month I would really like to see if I could just buy the outer shell of the blue mpc 2000xl rather than buying the whole thing just because it's blue. Could I do this?

By stryke Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:13 pm
Why not?Good luck on huntin' one down for cheap though.

By pkScary Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:21 pm
check for broken akais on ebay

also sometimes they have cases there

maybe you can call the factory and ask if they sell cases seperately

i'm surprised you want the blue...i like the classic style personally :)

if all the buttons are in the same places, i'd say you can do it

good luck

By DH™ Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:42 pm
I tried to call Akai before trying to get a chrome one. No go on that one, I think it's because they said they don't sell them separate and wont give me a special offer.

I'll be on the hunt for a blue one, i'll let everyone know if I can ever get my hands on one.

By stryke Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:29 pm
Yo D,let me know if you see one for the 2K :) ....Peace.

By ILL DIAMOND Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:17 pm
if i'm not mistaken i remember reading a while back that you can buy a case for the 2000xl for 75 bones. I remember some one writing about it cause they wanted to have a back up plan if they mucked up their case painting it themselves. I think that if you do a search like "paint your mpc " or something you might be able to find the info. I'll try to look for it and repost it.
PEACE

By bigbeats Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:49 am
FORAT.COM......

By ShadowCHEESE Coldsnake Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:43 am
contact akai--THEY DO SELL CASES(BEIGE ONLY) FOR 75 DOLLARS.

By dj_2xL Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:55 am
ShadowCHEESE Coldsnake wrote:contact akai--THEY DO SELL CASES(BEIGE ONLY) FOR 75 DOLLARS.

75 duckets?! thats pretty good,u can just send that to somone who does airbrush and havem em hook it up.or u can be like me and try cuztomizin it urself beeyatch :wink:

By DH™ Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:06 pm
bigbeats wrote:FORAT.COM......

What for them to paint it?? It's gonna be like 600 at least, probably like 800 for me because i'd want that clear gloss coat and a logo..At that price I could get a MPC 1000 used (and keep my 2000xl). I might just get another regular case and paint it myself. I'm not really worried about button labels because I'm pretty sure I know my mpc well enough.

By DSTRUCT Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:44 pm
yeah i painted mine myself. No more button labels though. No problem.

By stryke Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:47 am
What's it look like D?

By Krux Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:38 am
It's all personal preference but i don't like the new blue colour. If I bought a brand new MPC i'd be gettin one of the beige cases and changing it fo sho.

By cyrus Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:47 am
DH™ wrote:
bigbeats wrote:FORAT.COM......

What for them to paint it?? It's gonna be like 600 at least, probably like 800 for me because i'd want that clear gloss coat and a logo..At that price I could get a MPC 1000 used (and keep my 2000xl). I might just get another regular case and paint it myself. I'm not really worried about button labels because I'm pretty sure I know my mpc well enough.

for 75 bones, just paint it yourself....you can probably just talk to the dudes in the mall doing the tshirts. all you gotta do is buy the right paint.

Check walmart for the model cars paint can and special top, and the special paint for the fun colors....thats what i would use, then just clear coat it with spray can.