Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mr_debauch Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 pm
no i didn't get that drive to work in the sp808.. i just saw that info recently and this drive topic reminded me about it... It actually makes me consider buying one if the price is right.

yeah I have been mainly messing with the s20, the mpc live, and s900 lately.. with some synths.. but not long ago i had a little mini setup with the remix 16 and the 60.
By distortedtekno Thu May 03, 2018 10:58 pm
I've been slowly buying more hardware again. Last year, I sold my SP-404SX in order to buy a Roland JP-8080 from a friend. Over the winter, I finally repaired my x0xb0x and that really made me wanna buy more hardware. So I recently bought a Korg ER-1 MK2 to replace the original that I bought in '99. So I've mainly been jamming with the ER-1 and the x0xb0x when I don't wanna stare into a computer screen. I'm itching to get another synth. I might buy an SH-01A. I get more inspired by drum synths and x0x type sequencing for live jams. I can't get that kind of excitement out of the 2K for jamming. It's better suited for composing when I have a clear idea of what I wanna write. So I'll always keep it for when I'm in the mood for more sample based grooves. Aside of that, I'm considering buying an SP-202. I can sequence it with the ER-1 which has 2 audio inputs assigned to it's sequencer. I miss the Lo-fi sound of the SP, and the 202 can get a lot more grungy than the 303, 404, etc.

Anyway, hit me up on PM so we can keep this topic on topic. :lol:
By mr_debauch Fri May 04, 2018 6:21 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I've been slowly buying more hardware again. Last year, I sold my SP-404SX in order to buy a Roland JP-8080 from a friend. Over the winter, I finally repaired my x0xb0x and that really made me wanna buy more hardware. So I recently bought a Korg ER-1 MK2 to replace the original that I bought in '99. So I've mainly been jamming with the ER-1 and the x0xb0x when I don't wanna stare into a computer screen. I'm itching to get another synth. I might buy an SH-01A. I get more inspired by drum synths and x0x type sequencing for live jams. I can't get that kind of excitement out of the 2K for jamming. It's better suited for composing when I have a clear idea of what I wanna write. So I'll always keep it for when I'm in the mood for more sample based grooves. Aside of that, I'm considering buying an SP-202. I can sequence it with the ER-1 which has 2 audio inputs assigned to it's sequencer. I miss the Lo-fi sound of the SP, and the 202 can get a lot more grungy than the 303, 404, etc.

Anyway, hit me up on PM so we can keep this topic on topic. :lol:

oh I was thinking about the 202 as well... i have the 303, but the 202 seems like the perfect machine to pair with it.. it has the battery power and mic.. the 303 lacks that but has the same memory cards and more effects. Also, the 202 has REAL pitch adjustment... not just pitch shifting that keeps the tempo... which is the main feature of the 202 IMO.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm
tapedeck wrote:i can tell you in practice this is almost never a problem. i have a hotswap, but i rarely use it like that, i just leave mine in all the time. if you get even a 1gb card, divided over 32mb a piece max for memory of the mpc, that's a ton of material to work with on one disk. thats like 30 full-mpc memory capacities on one disk.

if you get like 2gb or 4, 8, 16gb - you've really got a lot of room to work with.

as long as your not going back and forth between your computer - just dump all the files on it first, and then dont put it back into the computer til you need to.

Apologises for derailing the thread with an off-topic question for Tapedeck. I've formatted a 512mb CF card inside the 2000 and created 16 individual partitions. I need copy the saved projects off my PC onto the CF card, Is there anyway to see all 16 partitions using Windows 10?

Apologises once again
By tapedeck Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Apologises for derailing the thread with an off-topic question for Tapedeck. I've formatted a 512mb CF card inside the 2000 and created 16 individual partitions. I need copy the saved projects off my PC onto the CF card, Is there anyway to see all 16 partitions using Windows 10?

Apologises once again

i dont know much about partitions and i really don't like or recommend that way of working....if you need multiple partitions, in my opinion, yer doing it wrong.

one piece of advice i will give is format the card in the pc.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm
No worries Tapedeck and thanks for the reply.... I will continue to use the M.O. Drive for the studio project until I find a solution to the CF partition issue.
By richie Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 am
tapedeck wrote:]
i dont know much about partitions and i really don't like or recommend that way of working....if you need multiple partitions, in my opinion, yer doing it wrong.

one piece of advice i will give is format the card in the pc.

The thing is (as I'm sure you're aware) that 2000 people don't have folder support, which is why they end up creating multiple partitions. Formatting it on the PC to FAT will only create 1 partition for the 2000 to read.

From what I can recall, formatting it on the 2000 will create partitions however only the first partition's data can be read clearly on the PC although I believe that if you were to drag and drop files, it some how corrupts the partition table - I'd need to reverify this.
By tapedeck Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am
richie wrote:The thing is (as I'm sure you're aware) that 2000 people don't have folder support, which is why they end up creating multiple partitions

i hadn't thought about it like that, what a pain in the ass
By LADiego Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm
richie wrote:
The thing is (as I'm sure you're aware) that 2000 people don't have folder support, which is why they end up creating multiple partitions. Formatting it on the PC to FAT will only create 1 partition for the 2000 to read.

From what I can recall, formatting it on the 2000 will create partitions however only the first partition's data can be read clearly on the PC although I believe that if you were to drag and drop files, it some how corrupts the partition table - I'd need to reverify this.

Richie is correct.

I use 2 cf cards. One cf card exclusively for dragging and dropping (mpc2000/pc). The second cf card (any size up to 16gb) exclusively for use on mpc2000 which is formatted by sampler and multiple-partitioned. The assumption is using a hot swap card reader where swap out cf cards. Hope this helps.
By Gemfire Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:47 pm
Chicken Systems Translator can read MPC partitions, even the trial version.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:15 pm
Gemfire wrote:Chicken Systems Translator can read MPC partitions, even the trial version.

Thanks man will check it out :smoker:

Props to everyone for all the info I just remembered I never did share my semi finished 2000 storage with you guys (Still haven't got round to sorting out the Fujitsu MCE3130SS sleep mode yet)