Support and discussion about Akai's next generation of standalone MPCs running the MPC Software 2.0
User avatar
By Icepulse Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:
**** wrote:Roland > Akai

:smoker:


Why are you even on this site man? Your pic is with a roland sampler and all you do is talk **** about akai. I have literally never seen you say anything positive on here. Is this where you come to complain?

Here is a great roland forum :

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=9

enjoy!


Yo, when he's not making beats, that goddamn thing could double as an escape raft.
User avatar
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:
**** wrote:Roland > Akai

:smoker:


Why are you even on this site man? Your pic is with a roland sampler and all you do is talk **** about akai. I have literally never seen you say anything positive on here. Is this where you come to complain?

Here is a great roland forum :

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=9

enjoy!



some people find the most recent owners of the akai brand have not held up the quality it was known for.

that doesn't mean they don't like MPCs... some of them own or have owned several MPC models and know the difference first hand between the original akai professional and the numark owned akai pro.

some people have been screwed by numark owned akai... every hardware mpc they made had problems that are inexcusable considering the price they cost new. in fact a majority of the akai branded products were defective, or had some kind of laughable issue or detail.. even if it was as harmless as re-badging old stock discontinued alesis products with the akai logo and raising the price to make it seem like a new high end product.

some people have been on this ride for longer than a year or two... and have seen the shenanigans akai has done... new comers to the mpc realm of music gear should be happy to have some devil's advocates around...
By chino Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm
[/quote]
some people find the most recent owners of the akai brand have not held up the quality it was known for.

that doesn't mean they don't like MPCs... some of them own or have owned several MPC models and know the difference first hand between the original akai professional and the numark owned akai pro.

some people have been screwed by numark owned akai... every hardware mpc they made had problems that are inexcusable considering the price they cost new. in fact a majority of the akai branded products were defective, or had some kind of laughable issue or detail.. even if it was as harmless as re-badging old stock discontinued alesis products with the akai logo and raising the price to make it seem like a new high end product.

some people have been on this ride for longer than a year or two... and have seen the shenanigans akai has done... new comers to the mpc realm of music gear should be happy to have some devil's advocates around...[/quote]

I agree 100%. I was an early adopter of the Ren. I can tell you from experience that the MPC software was half-baked and poorly implemented when it was first released. So much so that I sold the Ren and bought a MV8800 & MC909. I do love the workflow MPCs have to offer BUT in the end STABILITY is more important to me.

Akai Professional needs to be held accountable. It seems like the only way consumers can keep companies like Akai(inMusic) in check is with their wallets. Voicing our concerns and reporting issues(bugs) directly to the company doesn't seem to be working. I tried and failed numerous times to get Akai to fix some major Ren bugs. I have also reported numerous issues with the Engine software(Denon DJ being another company under the inMusic Brand). inMusic has yet to fix major bugs with that software as well.

That being said, I like what the new MPC Live and MPC X have to offer. I plan on giving Akai another chance so I will probably start by buying the MPC live. I just need the software to be stable with no random freezes/crashes etc. The saying that comes to mind with Akai is…. Fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice shame on me! I just hope I don't end up regretting the MPC Live purchase.

-DJ Chino
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:
**** wrote:Roland > Akai

:smoker:


Why are you even on this site man? Your pic is with a roland sampler and all you do is talk **** about akai. I have literally never seen you say anything positive on here. Is this where you come to complain?

Here is a great roland forum :

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=9

enjoy!


I've been wanting to say the same damn thing for a long time but thought to my self: 'This too shall Pass!!'
Just do forum search on posts that's under his name:

0% contribution :Sigh:
100% negative :WTF:
By coolderb Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 pm
Fanu wrote:
jahsoul wrote: I want to see how this thing sounds.


It's a modern device. It won't sound like anything; i.e., no coloration. And trust me, that's how the old MPCs were designed to sound, too: clean, but the then contemporary components made them sound so crusty and lo-fi.
How the X/Live will sound is entirely up to you, just like with Ren and Touch and any modern DAW.



But will it have the genuine MPC 3000 circuitry? :lol:
User avatar
By Fanu Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:08 pm
coolderb wrote:
Fanu wrote:
jahsoul wrote: I want to see how this thing sounds.


It's a modern device. It won't sound like anything; i.e., no coloration. And trust me, that's how the old MPCs were designed to sound, too: clean, but the then contemporary components made them sound so crusty and lo-fi.
How the X/Live will sound is entirely up to you, just like with Ren and Touch and any modern DAW.



But will it have the genuine MPC 3000 circuitry? :lol:


Damn. LOL. That was definitely a low moment!
By coolderb Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Right. What cools an iPad Pro?

My ipad pro doesn't get hot at all.

Highly doubt X uses the same cpu as ipad pro.


The CPU in the X is the same that is used in low-cost Chromebooks. The CPU in the Ipad Pro is equivalent to an Intel i5, which is what I have in my Macbook Pro.

Running 29 tracks in Auria is a breeze. Users have reportedly run as many as 70! Audio tracks, not MIDI! We're talking AUDIO, during band practice, we're talking PRACTICE:)
User avatar
By Lampdog Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:
**** wrote:Roland > Akai

:smoker:

I have literally never seen you say anything positive on here.


On the contrary, I've seen TUFW help lots of people with MPC/gear and route problems
here on the forums. Everyone has their own opinion.
By richie Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Than show me a reasonable prized sampler that loads vst's and vsti's joker.. :popcorn:


The X and Live do not "load" VSTS man. The only way you would be able to use VSTs is when the X/Live are connected to a computer, joker.
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:52 am
richie wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Than show me a reasonable prized sampler that loads vst's and vsti's joker.. :popcorn:


The X and Live do not "load" VSTS man. The only way you would be able to use VSTs is when the X/Live are connected to a computer, joker.


That I already knew.. It seems that you misinterpreted my post.. So lets drop it.. :Sigh:
User avatar
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:25 am
it's stupid... we should be loading VSTs in our standalone samplers after all this time.. that shouldn't be a thousand dollar feature... they have 1GHz computers with 512 of DDR3 ram and 4gig flash storage for under 10 dollars... all on one little chip the size of a credit card.... when i started using VSTs back in the day my computer's specs were similar to that.

it's **** 9 bucks
https://getchip.com/pages/chip
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 am
mr_debauch wrote:it's stupid... we should be loading VSTs in our standalone samplers after all this time.. that shouldn't be a thousand dollar feature... they have 1GHz computers with 512 of DDR3 ram and 4gig flash storage for under 10 dollars... all on one little chip the size of a credit card.... when i started using VSTs back in the day my computer's specs were similar to that.

it's **** 9 bucks
https://getchip.com/pages/chip


Looked interesting until I saw that is has an ARM processor. So no VST's :popcorn:
User avatar
By Icepulse Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 am
mr_debauch wrote:it's stupid... we should be loading VSTs in our standalone samplers after all this time.. that shouldn't be a thousand dollar feature... they have 1GHz computers with 512 of DDR3 ram and 4gig flash storage for under 10 dollars... all on one little chip the size of a credit card.... when i started using VSTs back in the day my computer's specs were similar to that.

it's **** 9 bucks
https://getchip.com/pages/chip


It's the fact that they don't want warrantee issues and bad reviews because the thing started chugging, or just exhibits all-around bad performance because of some sketchy plugin. If it happens on the software, they can lay it at the feet of your less-than-stellar computer specs, and, worse comes to worst, just tell you the do a reinstall.

No, Akai wants no foreign strain to infect the walled garden of their standalones.