Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Bara Coi Lupi Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm
hi everyone!
I'm here for another question: I'd like to have a looped drone in the background of my song, it is for example at 77 bpm without clicking and creating a really interesting atmosphere. The song could be at 120 bpm, in that case, after having recorded a sequence pressing the looped pad for the whole sequence, in the playing mode every time the sequence restart from the beginning the mpc plays the pad of the recorded loops interrupting the loop and restarting it breaking the magic.
Same thing if i'd like to have a single sample (like field recording) in the background in the whole song.
I don't think that the option of the of "second sequence" in song mode could really help because (as i read in the tutorial):
1-It will always play --> so i need to make a song-long sequence and calculate the exact time i'd like to start the background effect
2-it is limited to one sequence maybe?

Any tips? Sorry for my bad english again :vomit:
By tapedeck Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 pm
all of your observations are correct - there is no default way to do this on an xl. i'd suggest programming it exactly how you want it in song mode, or i think the simplest solution is to use another sampler for these background drone loops.
By Bara Coi Lupi Mon May 14, 2018 8:26 pm
tapedeck wrote:all of your observations are correct - there is no default way to do this on an xl. i'd suggest programming it exactly how you want it in song mode, or i think the simplest solution is to use another sampler for these background drone loops.

Thanks for the reply!
That's a bad new :(

If i use another sampler (for example and E-MU e64) does the mpc always say him to play the loop again via midi at the beginning of the sequence?
Do i have to use it without midi connection and playing it manually?
Those problems come out cause i don't use a DAW and I record on a 4track cassette recorder :WTF:
By tapedeck Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm
Bara Coi Lupi wrote:If i use another sampler (for example and E-MU e64) does the mpc always say him to play the loop again via midi at the beginning of the sequence?
Do i have to use it without midi connection and playing it manually?
Those problems come out cause i don't use a DAW and I record on a 4track cassette recorder :WTF:

i suppose it will all depend on the sampler

if you've got a 4 track, why not just use the mpc and lay the drone on another track either before or after you lay down the rest of the track?
By Bara Coi Lupi Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am
tapedeck wrote:if you've got a 4 track, why not just use the mpc and lay the drone on another track either before or after you lay down the rest of the track?

That could be a possible way but i prefer to automate everything before recording.

I had an idea this morning:
I can create the whole song as a series of sequences as usual --> in Song Mode i can use the option to convert the song into a single sequence --> lay down and record on the mpc the drone in the song-sequence on a different mpc track cause it will not break the magic due to the fact that there isn't a sequence repetition: the song itself was converted into a big sequence. So i'm able to record filter changing, tuning, fading too!

What do you think? :smoker: