Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Freedom Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:21 pm
Has ayone tried the Rc battery pack converted to a dc cable to power your sp-303 for travel????

I did it the other day and It worked perfect I just wanted to know how many others know about it>???

It works on most equipment that runs off of 9volts

U take a rc battery pack ni cd
Then you get a Adaptaplug 6' cable from radio shack get an adaptaplug n series..
Then you get an rc connector..
Then you can put it all together and mak4e a protable battery pack

By pause Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:59 am
i dunno.. but bump for being from hawaii

By ducthmasta Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:47 am
yo free that sounds dope as hell!!! i got a sp 303 and always wanted 2 hook it up to a battery so i could take it with me on the plane or wherever and make beats...and sample shit on the go...the description u gave is a little vague though..u mind typing out instructions in a little more detail and listing all the parts and names so i know exactly what to buy and dont buy tha wrong ish..and how 2 install everything?...hook me up and next time im in the islands ill smoke u out to some "crips brah"..LoL sorry only been 2 hawaii once so excuse my atempt 2 use tha local slang...
HAHAHA!!!
or if u ever in N.Y. ill deff light u up 2 a diesel size "L" of that raw haze!

By pause Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:46 am
what record store was that in ur video btw? i dont recognize it
By descry Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:44 am
Freedom wrote:
U take a rc battery pack ni cd
Then you get a Adaptaplug 6' cable from radio shack get an adaptaplug n series..
Then you get an rc connector..
Then you can put it all together and mak4e a protable battery pack

any specific makes/models you recommend?

By Freedom Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:14 am
record stores is requests

Okay for the battery pack check this out...
Here we go
-------------------------
This battery pack works for the Sp-303,Korg electribes,And any other sampler that runs at 9 volt 1000mah....
---------------------------
The parts list from RADIO SHACK
-----------
item number
2300342- 9.6v NICD RC 1000mah(<----this is important) Combo Battery Pack and Charger- $29.99 qt- 1

2300445- 9.6v RC Connector cables. $4 qt-1

2731641- 6' Adaptaplug extension cable $7 qt-1

2731717- Adaptaplug series -N-(Has to be N)- $5.89 Qt-1

About 50 dollars maybe less....

So how this way works is alot easier than any other method I have ever seen cause you dont have to be a genius to make it work...

Okay step one-
Take the adaptaplug 6ft cord and connect the adaptaplug n series togheter to produce the dc connector cord that plugs into the power....

Step 2-
Take the the adaptaplug 6ft cord and splice the wire on the other end that has the plug with the two prong... That means cut the plug off..
Splice off the rubber to allow the copper wire to show on both black and black and white ribbed wires....

Step 3-

Take the 9.6v Rc connecter cable and notice that the one wire is black and one wire is red.....The cables on the adaptaplug are black and black and white..
The black goes to black the Black and white ribbed goes to red... the rc connecter has crimpers tha you put the wires into each crimper then take a pair of pliers or a hammer and crimp the wires exacly like the other end on the crimper..

Just so the adaptaplug copperwire is frimly snug and crimped into the rc connecter no loose wires...

Now you have a portable rc cable that plugs into the battery pack...

step-4 test it out..
Plug the adaptaplug rc connecter end into the rc batteries connecter..
And bamm turn your sampler on.
U should have power for about 5 hrs...

Tips make sure you charge your battery pack fully before using it...
And make sure your batteries are totally drained before recharing usually..
It kinda messes up the battery.
Not as much any more..

Other than that have fun travelling...

You can make a portable battery for almost anything if you now the volts and the MAH.
Just follow the steps here and buy a rc battery that follows your volt and Mah scheme on your dc pacl or ac cord...

Aloha have fun