Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Blue Haze Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:09 am
From a good guy at Akai Japan use it and may it help ya with your programming.

I got some trouble transferring the chart to the site. I`ll be back after I got this thing solved. :?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/ ... qChart.jpg

too small I`ll try again later
:?

These are the values given which according to the guy at Akai that the 4k filters operate any questions please contact Akai Japan.
Last edited by Blue Haze on Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Blue Haze Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:50 am
cyborgoe wrote:page cant b found,doesnt work..

Try it now the sight needed a g at the end. But I got to find another way to post it clearer. :?

By feline1 Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:00 pm
it doesn't work you muppet!

By adrian Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Is the same chart or charts that are in the OM for the AKAI MFC 42? If you haven't read that manual yet, read it. There is a lot explanations about how filters work and what they do.

Adrian
FWTX

By Blue Haze Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:26 am
No it isn`t the same chart. It was organized by Akai Japan, but I couldn`t get the pdf file posted on the net. Sorry until I can post it somehow leave this post until later. It has too many values so I`m not going to write out the whole thing.

Basically at 99% 6481 Hz

50% 384 Hz

10% and under 21 Hz

Until I got the way figure it out that`s all for now.

By the way I have the MFC 42 along with the manual and it`s different thanks Adrian. Email your local representative and they should be able to help out. If I can I`ll try to send by pm. But wait to see If I can post it or tutor can show me the way how.

Now, now feline be a nice pussy :D

By Altopiano Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:42 am
haze - you rock ... :lol: ... well almost ... take your time and just make sure to post it in a way that all those lovely numbers are there ... its just under two years i benn waitin for it - so 1-2 days more shouldn't be a problem ...

By Altopiano Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:02 am
... and btw: mfc 42 ... i been readin the entire manual already some time ago for the sake of findin those bloody values but haven't encountered any hz values ... i been rereadin it yesterday but still haven't encountered any values ... where are they? the manual i got is a 33 pages pdf called - MFC42_E.pdf

besides that yesterday whilst rereadin the mfc manual i got the strong wish to get or say at least test one ... the mfc seems to be a great filter unit ... so question to any mfc user in here - how is it in real use? worth the money? ... could any real user please comment on the mfc42 ... maybe give a small comparison between the 4k filters and the mfc 42 ones that could give us all an idea? ... no need to say or repeat whats in the mfc42 manual ... just some everdaylifefilterfunexperiences with the mfc... would be greatly appreciated ...

By renegadebliss Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:53 pm
Blue Haze wrote:

Until I got the way figure it out that`s all for now.

Hi, if you PM me it, I'll put it up on a website and post the URL.

Dave

By Blue Haze Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:32 pm
Thanks renegade. That was fast. I got to work on my internet explorer skillz. :D

Check it out.

By misterv Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 pm
a godd website to host pictures is http://imageshack.us/

easy to use and reliable :D

By misterv Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:28 pm
you re welcome :)

I don t know much in sound engeneering, what is a cut off value ?

is it the frequency at which the filter stops to apply its filtering

or is it a filter that stops the frequency that are above these cut off frequency values ?

By Blue Haze Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:36 pm
misterv wrote:you re welcome :)

I don t know much in sound engeneering, what is a cut off value ?

is it the frequency at which the filter stops to apply its filtering

or is it a filter that stops the frequency that are above these cut off frequency values ?

The second answer is correct, but it depends on your filter setting low cut, high cut, band pass, notch, peak just a minute. I will set up a link.

This is a previous post on filters and the manual I hope it helps

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=13094 :D