Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By adrian Thu May 12, 2005 4:16 am
Create a DRUM Program, then go to the ZONE screen. Press the Pad that you want to assign the samples to. Then move the cursor down to

ZONE SAMPLE

In those 4 spaces you can layer your samples. Just make sure you are using a DRUM PROGRAM! NOT KEYGROUP!

You can also use ak.Sys, launch the PAD EDITOR, right click the MPC 4000 icon and choose PAD EDITOR.

By rookie Thu May 12, 2005 12:27 pm
layering samples is not that difficult to do please take YOUR time to cut the machine off and read the book.if you don't have the manuel download the pdf version of it.lol.

By krush groove Thu May 12, 2005 4:22 pm
Rookie... You cold blooded...! :lol:

By cyrus Fri May 13, 2005 4:26 pm
you can also layer multiple programs by crossing thier midi channels. So for example: you have a bass program that is spread accross the keys (a key group program) and you want to layer like an organ program with it, so you have an organ bass. Bassically you just make the midi channels of both the same, and they will play at the same time.

Read the manual on how to do it, its too lengthy to explain. Dont be lazy, so i can be!

By phunk Fri May 13, 2005 11:59 pm
and if 4 zones are not enought you can stack up to 128 sounds using the keygroups

By Blue Haze Mon May 16, 2005 5:12 am
rookie wrote:layering samples is not that difficult to do please take YOUR time to cut the machine off and read the book.if you don't have the manuel download the pdf version of it.lol.

This is the best advice you can get to learn your gear. Don`t take it the wrong way it isn`t the gear that is difficult it how much you have learned and how experienced you are. Read I mean really read and you will be happy. After that it becomes simplier and you will look back on your old threads and laugh months from now.

By ikke Fri May 20, 2005 7:25 pm
cyrus wrote:you can also layer multiple programs by crossing thier midi channels. So for example: you have a bass program that is spread accross the keys (a key group program) and you want to layer like an organ program with it, so you have an organ bass. Bassically you just make the midi channels of both the same, and they will play at the same time.

Read the manual on how to do it, its too lengthy to explain. Dont be lazy, so i can be!

oh yeah bebe, never thought of that! piece of cake if you think about it ;)

By Lampdog Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:12 pm
"layering samples is not that difficult to do please take YOUR time to cut the machine off and read the book.if you don't have the manuel download the pdf version of it.lol. "

I've read the manual, don't have a 4k and I understand this part pretty good so far.

I agree with rookie.

By sinister_keys Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:40 pm
akai mpc 4000 $2799
manual .. free with purchase

gitting to read frustrated posts of people who obviously didnt
read the manual that came with there expensive equipment.

$$$PRICELESS$$$

lmao

By jonathan morris Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:53 am
i still go back and check my manual for things that may have gone over my head or refreshers for what i can actually do with this bad azz machine.

read up mayne.