Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By DJ-T Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:50 pm
jus mess with ya D" :lol:

I'll paint it later ,my wife like another color. 8)

By Intelx Mon May 01, 2006 12:38 am
Nice job on the MPC T!! Looks DOPE!!!

Intelx
Last edited by Intelx on Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DJ-T Mon May 01, 2006 4:32 am
hope everything worked out for you on the mpc and reasons setup intalex.

Hers's a little Info on What and How to custmize your 1k tha Professional way.

1. First make sure you decide on a color scheme.
2. Think cost effective on the tools you need,which is shown below.
I spent $38.52 at O'Reilly's Paint and Auto Department.

3.Next if you have a handheld sander cool,if not you have alot of sanding to do. Sandpaper to use on the faceplate should be around 220grid-to 400grid.That's the ruffes to get the paint off without damaging the faceplate.Don't worry it won't hurt,you need to sand all the paint off as you see in the diagram.
half of it is sanded.
all is sanded.
you can see behind the faceplate my sander machine is what I used to sand all the paint off.

4.I used some fine sand paper and water to get extra grim and dirt off and dryed the faceplate then Primed the hold thing as you can see here in this diagram here.

5.Now if you decide to paint the solide buttons here's the correct way of removing them,becareful because you can break them. here's examples on how to remove and paint, *note for better paint look you must skuff or sand litely to make paint stick well on buttons remember it's plastic. *Do not paint the clear buttons if you want the led or light to light up your clear buttons and quote}
This is very time consumming takes about 1hr to Two hr.

6. Next after primer dry, spray your paint on the facplate aleast 8-10inches
away from the plate,you don't want the paint to have runs in it. make sure it's painted well and cover (painted faceplate).

7. After everything is painted,next is to put a clear coating on buttons and side panels. Now unless you have a betterway of putting the lettering back on the faceplate ,that's up to you. I recommend you do it the Professional way and that is to screen print the letters back on. *Note.Make sure you don't put the clear coat on the faceplate until you've put the lettering back on,then spray the clear coat on ,to seal the protection of the paint and lettering.
Now I haven't gotten the Screen in yet but if you guys are interested in getting one I'm sure I can make a good deal, you can PM me on that.

:lol:
By DJ-T Mon May 01, 2006 1:52 pm
please read thread entirely,I'm getting flood with lots of emails,can't answer all at one time. PS c you intelix. 8)

By props to the finger Tue May 02, 2006 2:33 pm
this is a very informative topic and it helped me find out how i should do it when i decide to do it.
not hating, but seriously....that shit's just plain ol' ugly. that fugly, man, **** ugly.
but hey, that's just me. do your thang.
By DJ-T Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm
Thanks partna,information is valueable. 8)

By TheFirstJimBo Wed May 03, 2006 4:41 am
I WANT TO SEE LETTERING ON IT!!!

hey

By DJ-T Wed May 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Stil waiting on the screen it's a process. :lol:

By seatown350 Wed May 03, 2006 4:35 pm
man i want my mpc lookin like the 2000 CLASSIC , white and black panels
sides with blue lettering surrounding as the letters and stuff , now thast would look sick .[/url]

By talontsiawd Wed May 03, 2006 5:29 pm
seatown350 wrote:man i want my mpc lookin like the 2000 CLASSIC , white and black panels
sides with blue lettering surrounding as the letters and stuff , now thast would look sick .[/url]

I was at the paint store the other day and i was thinking the same. They had some semi flat off white paint there. Then some flat black sides, that would be cool. I'm just painting my side pannels. On my third try, just haven't been content with the color yet. I finally got it right, just waiting on wetsanding and polishing.

By seatown350 Wed May 03, 2006 5:40 pm
yea if u tryin doin it like the 2000 classic i would mos def wanna see it , that would look hella sick :D 8) :D

By DJ-T Wed May 03, 2006 7:22 pm
screen is ready so give me a week or two to put up a new pic. :lol:

By TheFirstJimBo Wed May 03, 2006 9:31 pm
:-) cool

By talontsiawd Wed May 03, 2006 10:27 pm
seatown350 wrote:yea if u tryin doin it like the 2000 classic i would mos def wanna see it , that would look hella sick :D 8) :D

I may end up buying the black case over the summer. I may do that to my old case. I think it's the only way i'd really want to "customize" my mpc outside of the ugly red sidepannels.

By swishaman Thu May 04, 2006 6:06 am
a week or 2 too add letters?