Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By littlelio Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:52 pm
press track, press param, select 'program assign'

there should be 'OFF' option here rignt? so that the external midi control will not trig the mpc sound.

but i can not find off here! i upgraded the firmware, is it me or the common problem. can any mpc500 owner try it and tell me if you have the off option?

thanks !!!
By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 am
littlelio wrote:press track, press param, select 'program assign'

there should be 'OFF' option here rignt? so that the external midi control will not trig the mpc sound.

but i can not find off here! i upgraded the firmware, is it me or the common problem. can any mpc500 owner try it and tell me if you have the off option?

thanks !!!
Not at my MPC now, so can not check it.

But, if you set that tracks program assign to off, then it would not play any internal sounds at all from that track, and would only send out MIDI data from that track (and therefore from the incoming MIDI data).

There should be an 'OFF' setting to choose from though, according to the MPC500 Parameter Map.

I don't think this is what you want to do, is it.

By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:08 am
Maybe you need to set the track type to MIDI, instead of DRUM.

Maybe when the track type is DRUM, it expects that you will have a program assigned to it?

By Upright Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:55 am
Wow....I can't wait for the next OS .......the 500 has alot of little issuses just like this that need to be worked out. :D

By littlelio Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:43 am
Thank you guys. I am doing this is because I use MPC as the sequencer, which will record all the performance from my synthezier (microX). So I want to switch of the MPC, and make it clean.

Yes i tried to set the track to MIDI firstly but no difference... :S

Of course there is a walkaround and it worked yesterday: Creat a new program, and assign nothing into it, then rename it into OFF...

I am kind of upset just because it is different from the manual...

By the way, in the manual , the display of track mode is 'T:A1:......', but on my mpc500 is 'Tr:A1....'. I know this tiny difference hurts nothing, just wondering why...

By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:32 am
littlelio wrote:I am kind of upset just because it is different from the manual...

By the way, in the manual , the display of track mode is 'T:A1:......', but on my mpc500 is 'Tr:A1....'. I know this tiny difference hurts nothing, just wondering why...
Poor proof reading?

Like on Page 106 of the MPC500 User's Manual, where it says...

'�� Version
The MPC 2500’s operating system is upgradeable and allows us make changes to existing features after it has left the factory floor. To make sure you have the latest version of the OS, you can check the version of the OS in Other mode.'

...they just cut and pasted that sentence from the MPC2500 Operators Manual Addendum 1.1 or 1.2, and forgot to change the model from MPC2500 to MPC500.

By littlelio Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 am
Maybe... I agree, that the manual is quite simple from AKAI :?

By jowdjo Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:45 pm
Upright wrote:Wow....I can't wait for the next OS .......the 500 has alot of little issuses just like this that need to be worked out. :D

fo sho! :lol: