Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Wal Martian Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 pm
jimmyklane wrote:If I choose to edit in zones, I've been moving start and end times onto each transient/hit and saving to a new sample.

Is this the best way to chop a loop on the 2kClassic? I DO know the velocity to SampleStart method, but it NEVER works out the way I need it to.

Forget about the velocity start value trick, it sucks! If you try to turn your track velocity from say 100 to 99 there goes all your work. :WTF:
If you want to chop a number of sounds from one sample just set the zone for your first chop, edit->new sample. To save time use easy to type names, if my sound is called BREAK0001.snd I usually call the first chop BREAKA001, and the second BREAKB001 etc. by cursoring right and hitting a pad to add the letter. for your next chop, simply highlight the start field and type the numerical value (# buttons) from the end field (end of your first zone), cursor over to end and use the data/digit wheels. You can get pretty fast this way, equal to or faster than a mouse and software if you practice.
By Neovinci Tue May 30, 2023 7:04 pm
There's a button that says space
You can press that to end the words for example "90SKIK000"can be changed to "90SKIK"

by highlighting the zeros and pressing space on the hard keys

Also there is no auto chop but you can
Take a sample go to Trim

Then on trim press ZneEdit

Then in zoneedit

Make your first chop with the start and end point

Once you have the first zone you just press edit

Edit zone new sample

Name it

Do it

Then after it savea

immediately delete the zone

The the next zone will automatically start where the first zone ended

Then from there all you have to do is continue to edit the end point

This method at least for me I can chop relatively quickly like a 30 or 40 sec sample will take me between 2-3 mins to chop pretty precisely