Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Freeman Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm
I know i know I all ready posted this in the wrong place but thought i would juts DOUBLE check before i get myself into deep water.
so
i have access (for a couple of days) to a relatively good DPS12. I am wondering if anyone has successfully transplanted a screen from one into a MPC2000 classique?
if so is the process the same as A-REAL-MC's awesome screen replacement mod, or, is there more to it than just unplug etc.
if anyone can shed light on this that would be super dope helpful please thank you.
peace.
By 7 1 4 Beats Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 pm
I'm gonna have to say it's possible even if the ribbon cable is a hardlined things can usually always be modified i have been thinking the same thing for awhile cause my buddy had one forever and it's the same screen.

From another thread:
Akai DPS 12 has the same screen as the 2K (not sure about cable length). I bet the EPSON (EPSON LCD PANEL L54110490010000 or L54110490020000) 248x60 screens are compatible, just don't know where to get one? http://worldoflcd.com/epson_lcd_panel.htm

EPSON Website LCD Page:
http://www.beyondinfinite.com/product/lcd/epson_lcd_display.html
By Freeman Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 am
gosh freeeeeekin dammit. went to go get this damn thing and it had allready been (in the words of the music teacher who was looking after it) snaffled up by some eager kid. Dont they know they can get a ripped copy of fruity loops to record on only people after this type of gear are true heads! Kids these days.
thanks for all the help anyways people.
peace
By LunaticBastard Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 pm
heres a link to a dps12 for 300bin on the bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AKAI-DPS-12-w-5-1gb ... 1e5adb1a45

take into account you cant get a screen and wheigh out what you think a screen is worth for your mpc. but i just can see scrapping a perfectly good hdr to get a screen for another piece of gear. maybe you should just sell the 2000 and pick up a 1000.
By mr_debauch Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 pm
manimani wrote:I bought DPS12 about $40 in auction.

Cost of installing New display is about $250 in JAPAN.

either way you look at it it's cheaper. well done. people have been trying to do that for years.
By Amber Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm
Been thinking of getting a DPS12 myself for the screen. I can't tell from the pics, but did you do any soldering or is it plug in and you're set? I have a soldering iron and managed to solder a wire to a mod chip on my old XBOX but think my skills end there.
By MPCHunter Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27 pm
Amber wrote:Been thinking of getting a DPS12 myself for the screen. I can't tell from the pics, but did you do any soldering or is it plug in and you're set? I have a soldering iron and managed to solder a wire to a mod chip on my old XBOX but think my skills end there.

It's a soldering job. manimani soldered the mpc 2000 cable to the dps12 cable. that's where he wrote "19point soldered".