Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By richie Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 pm
909BLN wrote:so it will take weeks of shipping... BUT does it work and will it be hotswappable? Or any better recommendation?
l

This may sound like a crazy idea here, so I RECOMMEND few things:

- I recommend that you bother to look on this forum for information. The questions you are asking have been answered in this very thread 2390482930 times over.

- I recommend that you bother to go on google and type the words HOT SWAP CARD READER MPC 2000XL or even SCSI2SD.

- I recommend that you actually use your head to think before making a post.
Last edited by richie on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 909BLN Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:18 pm
richie wrote:
909BLN wrote:so it will take weeks of shipping... BUT does it work and will it be hotswappable? Or any better recommendation?
l

This may sound like a crazy idea here, so I RECOMMEND few things:

- I recommend that you bother to look on this forum for information. The questions you are asking have been answered in this very thread 2390482930 times over.

- I recommend that you bother to go on google and type the words HOT SWAP CARD READER MPC 2000XL or even SCSI2SD.

- I recommend that you actually use your head to think before making a post.

man i did that... trust me i am not a internet noobie and i also read and digged in this tread. But in the end i couldnt find an exact fitting answer to my problem (which includes shipping from EUROPE)

the thing is on google, the most stuff is from 2010 and most links or stuff, which they recommend is not available anymore or offline. u feel me?
By 909BLN Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 pm
Wal Martian wrote:https://store.inertialcomputing.com/SCSI2SD-p/scsi2sd-v5b.htm

thanks man for your help.

so i would order then:
SCSI2SD v5.0b storage adapter

NO CABLE

NO SD CARD (i will buy it cheaper from amazon, but 32GB is maximum for this device, correct?)

3,5" Internal 3D printed bracket

is 74$ in the end. This is the lowest i can get? I dont need any extra cables to connect it to the 2000 XL ?
By JUKE 179r Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:43 am
909BLN wrote:

so i would order then:

NO CABLE

NO SD CARD (i will buy it cheaper from amazon, but 32GB is maximum for this device, correct?)

is 74$ in the end. This is the lowest i can get? I dont need any extra cables to connect it to the 2000 XL ?

You’ll need a 50-pin SCSI ribbon cable.
By tapedeck Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:24 pm
909BLN wrote:

so i would order then:

NO CABLE

you'll need something to hack the power from the board to the device. i recommend going to a junk shop and buying an old computer power harness for like an internal hard drive.

make sure you get +5v and not +12v when you get power from the board.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm
tapedeck wrote:you'll need something to hack the power from the board to the device. i recommend going to a junk shop and buying an old computer power harness for like an internal hard drive.

THIS is important advice.
By 909BLN Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:
tapedeck wrote:you'll need something to hack the power from the board to the device. i recommend going to a junk shop and buying an old computer power harness for like an internal hard drive.

THIS is important advice.

can use this tutorial for it, or?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjyWO4qlDCc

looks detailed and well explained.
By JUKE 179r Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm
With the SCSI2SD you don’t really need a power cable. The 50-pin SCSI cable provides ample buss power to power the SCSI2SD card reader. This is what I do for client’s MPC’s.

Like tapedeck stated... If you do use power on it, only use +5VDC. Using +12VDC will fry the card. Trust me... I know! :WTF:
By 909BLN Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:07 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:With the SCSI2SD you don’t really need a power cable. The 50-pin SCSI cable provides ample buss power to power the SCSI2SD card reader. This is what I do for client’s MPC’s.

Like tapedeck stated... If you do use power on it, only use +5VDC. Using +12VDC will fry the card. Trust me... I know! :WTF:

lol... ok so what is right now? :lol:
By Lampdog Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:28 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Trust me... I know! :WTF:

I too, know as well. :(