Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By SimonInAustralia Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:47 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
m56p87 wrote:http://www.mpc-forums.com/files/MPC2000XL/MPC2000XL_ServManual.zip

Should be what your looking for?

Thanks, already have those from one of the earlier links posted above.

So not really what I am looking for.

I am looking for the pin-outs for the flash memory option/FMX008M connector, which might be in the included schematic above, but since some the functional labels are missing from the vector/recreated schematics in the link above, it is hard to tell if the flash connector is included.

I have to open up my 2000XL to see what the printed label on the pcb is for the flash memory option connector, and whether that is included in the schematics above.

Opened up my 2000XL, the flash ROM connector is labelled FLASH ROM EXTENSION BOARD P320, and is shown on the schematics linked to above (both recently and earlier) as just P320.

So it is really what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Would be good to get hold of a scan or PDF of the original printed service manual though, if anyone has one.
By Maxillaa Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:Does anyone have the 2000XL (and/or FMX008M) service manual they can post a link to?

manual doesn`t include the pin-out of the connector. if someone`s interested, I could do a scan of the manual, german and english version was included...
By mr_debauch Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:Haha, no skills for that, just interested.

Wish I could though, cause I would make 2 or 3 for myself!

I want some.

I think some that fit on the classic were listed on ebay a while back for not too ridiculous of a price... but I thought I read about people having issues with the f-rom... and I wasn't sure if it was those or the OG ones...

maybe max had one of those new ones?

that was for the classic, but I think there is an adapter you can get to fit it on the xl.
By Maxillaa Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm
mr_debauch wrote:

I want some.

I think some that fit on the classic were listed on ebay a while back for not too ridiculous of a price... but I thought I read about people having issues with the f-rom... and I wasn't sure if it was those or the OG ones...

that was for the classic, but I think there is an adapter you can get to fit it on the xl.

no adapter requiered to fit the xl...got the old one from mutec.
By SimonInAustralia Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 pm
Maxillaa wrote:
SimonInAustralia wrote:Does anyone have the 2000XL (and/or FMX008M) service manual they can post a link to?

manual doesn`t include the pin-out of the connector. if someone`s interested, I could do a scan of the manual, german and english version was included...

I am interested in a scan of the manual!

If you have time, I would appreciate it.
By m56p87 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm
mr_debauch wrote:

I want some.

Your trippin, the price was way rediculious. It was like 500-800$!
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 am
m56p87 wrote:
Your trippin, the price was way rediculious. It was like 500-800$!

really? we cant be talking about the same ones... there were quite a few on ebay like 6 months ago (roughly) and they were under 100 bucks if memory serves me right. they were from europe I believe.

I remember finding it odd, because before then I only saw an f-rom for sale once or twice. And I haven't been checking since then.

500-800 seems insane... not worth it IMO.

Though, if no adapter is required on both the classic and xl... I wonder what that white plastic adapter is actually for that you sometimes see floating around.
By natere2ster Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:45 am
Thanks for the links! I just got an used MPC 2000XL and the power button was stuck but it worked fine. I tried to push the button in and zap! psssstt smoke. One of the capacitors on the power switch board is zapped and the push button is broken but doesnt seem like an expensive part. Should have left her alone LOL :Sigh:
By enchilada Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:32 pm
Hey all,

Does anyone have a copy of the 2000XL service manual they could link?

I've got the schematics from here http://www.houseofsynth.com/akai-mpc-2000xl-and-other-mpc-owner-and-service-manuals-for-download but I'm looking for a full version of the service manual if it exists.

Happy to buy a beer for the first legend to shoot me through a copy :mrgreen:
By PHein Sun May 30, 2021 8:10 pm
I know that this thread is an older one, but

mr_debauch wrote:are you planning on building an 8 meg flash rom expansion? just curious..

yes, I'm planning to build this expansion.
Has anyone got a high resolution scan of the front and back of this card? Maybe an empty card? Or is it possible to get schematics of this expansion?

Best regards