Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By jibber Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm
Do you mean the motherboard or the bottom plate of the MPC (which you remove to open it up)?

I can have a look tonight and post some pics...
By jibber Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:48 pm
Aight, i'll have a look tonight, i'm pretty sure there are more of the same size inside the MPC used for other parts, i'll report back...
By JVC Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Can't believe it, but after a recent internal cleaning of my XL, I managed to misplace all the damn screws that hold the bottom plate in. Anyone know what size these things are?

Compatible screws for XL's bottom plate are not hard to find, you can use the same screws for mounting CD/DVD-ROM device on PC (typically has hex head with philips 2 head.) If you have old PCs laying around, you can scavenge those screws from the old PC cases.
By jibber Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm
Thanks JVC, saves me from taking apart my MPC for the 100th time... :lol:
By MPCSS Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Can't believe it, but after a recent internal cleaning of my XL, I managed to misplace all the damn screws that hold the bottom plate in. Anyone know what size these things are?

13 screws hold bottom plate

button head phillip (possibly zinc-plated)
1/8" x 26 1/4" long (measured with thread pitch gauge and caliper)
By harry.ethics Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 am
yes!

I took my 2000XL apart just before moving home, of course I instantly lost the bag of screws and i just sat here thinking . . . " where the f i'm i going to find information about replacement screws? :cry:

one search and badabooom! :P

big up the boards.

i'm off to Malpin. 8)
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 am
Could be.
By RUT Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:03 pm
Akai screws are metric.
Bottom plate screws, bind head Phillips self tapping flat tail m3x6

See MPC2000 service manual parts list.