Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Horseclick Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:33 pm
dude update the firmware and try again, depending on where you bought it from, there was a firmware rev that was broken and a quick fix was issued.

update to the latest firmware and i'll try and help you out.
By richie Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:32 pm
@bobbylight yup Roy Maya. He made an update on youtube showing the new version mounting working in an S5000 as well. Do a youtube search for scsi2sd to see what I mean.
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:42 pm
richie wrote:@bobbylight yup Roy Maya. He made an update on youtube showing the new version mounting working in an S5000 as well. Do a youtube search for scsi2sd to see what I mean.

By richie Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 pm
@Juke thanks man. I was being lazy because I was at my jeweler getting 2 replicas of ghostface's eagle's made.
By LADiego Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:01 am
katzenjammer wrote:I've got a SCSI Zip drive that I use to load samples. So I don't think the fuse is blown. Is there an easy way to check? I also powered the SCSI2SD via USB and external power and it still won't read. I do get a flash of the LED when it goes through the initial SCSI port check but nothing ever sticks.

So, we're you able to resolve your problem?

I am going thru the same situation with my mpc2000xl using 1.14. I bought one of these scsi2sd boards. I updated the firmware to latest version. The led goes on when it is powered on by 5v source and then turns off and when I scroll to the first SCSI id, the mpc2000xl screen says "waiting" and does not go beyond that.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
By JUKE 179r Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:37 pm
@LADiego...
IMO... I'd remove the 5VDC power cable from the SCSI2SD card. The SCSI cable itself provides enough bus power to the card already.
I have this same setup inside my XL with a partitioned 8GB mini SD card on OS1.14c. It works great.
By LADiego Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:@LADiego...
IMO... I'd remove the 5VDC power cable from the SCSI2SD card. The SCSI cable itself provides enough bus power to the card already.
I have this same setup inside my XL with a partitioned 8GB mini SD card on OS1.14c. It works great.

Juke, thanks for chiming in.

Actually, I tried it without connecting to molex power and connecting to the mpc2000xl SCSI port (external) and I do get a quick mild light up on the led and then it goes off. But the MPC still shows waiting message.

I am going to open up the MPC and connect internal SCSI port and see what happens. Btw, the external SCSI port works fine as it was checked with a Zip drive.
By Horseclick Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 pm
update youre scsi2sd firmware dude, what settings you have on the config app?

what size sd card you using.

post details moving from external to internal will not help without us knowing your settings/firmware etc.
By LADiego Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 pm
Horseclick wrote:update youre scsi2sd firmware dude, what settings you have on the config app?

what size sd card you using.

post details moving from external to internal will not help without us knowing your settings/firmware etc.

actually firmware was updated. see settings done is scsi2sd utility below.

General Settings

Startup Delay (seconds) 0
SCSI Selection Delay (ms, 255 = auto) 255

Device 1

x Enable SCSI Target

SCSI ID 2
SD card start sector 0
Sector Size 512
Sector count 16777216
Device Size 8 GB
Vendor codesrc
Product ID sd card
Revision 4.6
Serial number 1234567812345678

I have used sandisk 2gb and 8gb microsd and still get same results.

any thoughts?
By Horseclick Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 pm
ok settings look good.
the one flash means its powered up ok and sd card is inserted.
use the 8gb sd card, and have you tried selecting the correct scsiid (device id)? in the page juke has up on his screen shot im not sure what other options you have there.....
as your current settings have scsi id 2 selected juke has scsiid 0
By LADiego Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:14 pm
Horseclick wrote:ok settings look good.
the one flash means its powered up ok and sd card is inserted.
use the 8gb sd card, and have you tried selecting the correct scsiid (device id)? in the page juke has up on his screen shot im not sure what other options you have there.....
as your current settings have scsi id 2 selected juke has scsiid 0

ok, I went back to scsi2sd utility and reset the scsi id to 0 (all other settings remained the same) and I still get the waiting message on the mpc2000xl screen.

not sure what else to try.
By LADiego Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm
Horseclick wrote:ok the sd card formatted?

use this
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

then try again?

if no cigar change the
SCSI Selection Delay to 1

report back

ok.

I downloaded formatter4 for windows on my pc with Windows7 and formatted sd card. Also, I reset SCSI Selection Delay to 1 using the scsi2sd utility.

I re-tried and I am still getting the waiting message on my mpc2000xl. Still getting the same results.