Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Star One Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Kabaka wrote:Hi everybody,

I would be very-very-very thankful if somebody could re-upload fresh images for this tutorial ...

Without any pictures when you are a noob like me and when english isn't your mother language, it add more problems to the operation ! :(

I know you already got it, but I'll re-image this entire thing for sure.
By Kabaka Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:48 pm
Star One wrote:
Kabaka wrote:Hi everybody,

I would be very-very-very thankful if somebody could re-upload fresh images for this tutorial ...

Without any pictures when you are a noob like me and when english isn't your mother language, it add more problems to the operation ! :(

I know you already got it, but I'll re-image this entire thing for sure.

that would be awesome!
By Yamji Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:05 am
Hi,
to all the folks on the MPC 2000 Classic,
I had the same pb mentioned above ( unworking pads, no sound out and noisy input )
You have to change ONLY RESISTOR R29
That’s all guys

Works like a charm on mine !
By Bombbeats4000 Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 am
What i don’t get is the root cause for this problem ..
People connecting the 34pin cable connector wrong ?

I mean, the connector usually has a ‘ridge’ on it so it can be connected in just 1 way.
So how does this happen in the 1st place ….
By dansan Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:09 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:What i don’t get is the root cause for this problem ..

I mean, the connector usually has a ‘ridge’ on it so it can be connected in just 1 way.

that's where my problem started. in short, i disassembled an old akai s2000 to take eb16 and 8out and install them in my mpc 2000xl.
eb16 all ok.
8out had a short connection cable, so I tried to remove it but it was not possible (it seems soldered directly on the board) so I had to open the cable near the board and insert the pins manually. ofc i broked the resistor!Now thanks to star one I know what the problem is, but a doubt remains: is it removible the connector from the 8-output card and put a new one or an extension adapter? thank you so much and sorry for my english if i spelled something wrong
By mastaboog749 Fri May 19, 2023 7:59 pm
dansan wrote:
Bombbeats4000 wrote:What i don’t get is the root cause for this problem ..

that's where my problem started. in short, i disassembled an old akai s2000 to take eb16 and 8out and install them in my mpc 2000xl.
eb16 all ok.
8out had a short connection cable, so I tried to remove it but it was not possible (it seems soldered directly on the board) so I had to open the cable near the board and insert the pins manually. ofc i broked the resistor!Now thanks to star one I know what the problem is, but a doubt remains: is it removible the connector from the 8-output card and put a new one or an extension adapter? thank you so much and sorry for my english if i spelled something wrong

i know this is a little old but all you need is a "34 pin extension cable" they do make them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272702286576?c ... dgQAvD_BwE

here is an example of what you would. just make sure to put it in the right direction