Thought I was done
She lit a spark
She is Star One

A boy or girl
Who really cares?
She is a pearl
My MPC's repaired!
By sorinp Sun May 03, 2015 10:17 pm
Ha Ha, glad I'm able to end it on a positive note! I might be wrong but I think you're the only one on mpc-forums.com to be immortalized in 12 bars... And if I make a few people laugh then all the better! :nod:
By richie Sun May 03, 2015 11:00 pm
I think it would be better if you spit these bars over a trap beat.
By Star One Mon May 04, 2015 12:52 am
sorinp wrote:Ha Ha, glad I'm able to end it on a positive note! I might be wrong but I think you're the only one on mpc-forums.com to be immortalized in 12 bars... And if I make a few people laugh then all the better! :nod:

I sent you a PM a while ago letting you know it didn't bother me haha Soooooo go and check that
By smiley dan Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 am
This is very helpful thanks everyone, from this I've mounted my 8 outs but i have an issue! Since this is the most recent post related to my problem I thought I'll do a quick throw up here!

When I have my 8 outs plugged into the MPC 2000xl and press play, the tune just goes mad, switches tempo and pitch!
I take it back out and the beat plays fine. Sometimes it doesn't do this but no sound comes out of the 8 boards?

Could it be that my 8 outs is broken?? How do I test this? I saw on the resistor there was a voltmeter to test, Can I do this with the 8 outs?? Or could this just be a common cable error??
By Star One Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:49 pm
smiley dan wrote:This is very helpful thanks everyone, from this I've mounted my 8 outs but i have an issue! Since this is the most recent post related to my problem I thought I'll do a quick throw up here!

When I have my 8 outs plugged into the MPC 2000xl and press play, the tune just goes mad, switches tempo and pitch!
I take it back out and the beat plays fine. Sometimes it doesn't do this but no sound comes out of the 8 boards?

Could it be that my 8 outs is broken?? How do I test this? I saw on the resistor there was a voltmeter to test, Can I do this with the 8 outs?? Or could this just be a common cable error??

The resistor is only for the symptoms listed in my first post. If you plug in that cable backwords, you'll get the results also listed in the first post.

Sounds like you have a way different problem then what this thread is.

If everything is fine without it plugged in, I think it's safe to say you should buy a new 8-Out board. :(
By Mister Ugly Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:47 pm
I think this is what I did when installing the 8 outs board. Everything is functioning except the pad sensors (jog wheel, note variation, buttons all work fine). I even took the top control board and tested it in another working XL (to test both the J200 and P300 connections, thinking this was the issue). After I swapped it into the working XL , everything worked fine (except for the PAD 4 which I am 100% the pad sensor sheet is damaged there). I did the Pad Chk on each machine and it works on the one (no PAD 4) but not the other (nothing at all from the Pad sensors). I'm going to order up this part and see where it goes from there. This is an excellent post and has been very informative. And yes I did line up the sensor sheet into the connector on each XL.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:01 am
Great info Star One!
I had this same problem happen to me years ago on my XL and it cost me $125 to get fixed at Virtual Sounds Technology. After reading your fix, I'm pissed to find out that Virtual Sounds Technology charged me an outrageous amount to fix my XL and it was just a 75 cent resistor gone bad. :fku:
By Star One Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 am
Yeah there is even a reputable guy on the forums who does work for a lot of people on here, and I read a post from him explaining all these problems caused by the 8-Outs install (even a bunch of made up stuff about what happens, nothing about the ribbon cable)

It was outrageous. Such a technical sounding explanation :lol: But it was outright bullshit..

I understand charge what you charge, but it's when people say "Yeah a bunch of IC's got fried, needs quite a bit of motherboard work" "pad sensor sheet is fried" come on now... :(
By richie Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:15 am
I finally got around to changing the resistor on my dead XL board, installed it and everything works 100% again. Thank you very much!