Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By grusl Thu May 21, 2015 2:25 pm
Hey,
a friend and me just purchased the "Gotek SFR1M44 U100 USB Floppy Drive Emulator" on amazon for his MPC2000. The Emulator runs fine and we formated a 1,89GB USB Stick with Fat DOS 1,44MB Partitions. We put the Akai Professional MPC2000 System Disk 1.72 on the first formated partition of the usb stick 00. Loading the operation system works also fine.

Can someone please explain how to save and load a project onto the usb stick?

Because "Unfortunately if you try to save more than 1.40mb then get the "please insert new disk" message it will not acknowledge that you've pushed the button to next disk" on the Gotek Emulator.

We have set the jumper on S1 (Driver select 1, second from left).

We tried to save each sample manually on different partitions (partition 06-08) on the usb stick. Then we saved the APS and the ALL file on partition 09. We turned of the MPC and tried to load the project, but the MPC can only load 1 partition at time from the Gotek Emulator.
So we tried to load each SND sample manually from each partition (that worked), but after loading the APS file, the samples we loaded before manually are not loaded into the MPC memory anymore.

We suppose we have to save individual PGM files?

Greetings from Germany
By grusl Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 pm
Thanks for the answer, but in the thread they only talk about partition size of the usb stick. The final post says:

"I was able to partition a usb thumb drive into a couple 8mb FAT12 partitions, but unfortunately the MPC2000 wasn't able to read them."

So partitioning the stick with a larger size then 1,44MB is no solution for us. Like i said, we only have a problem with saving the complete track project onto multiply partitions (floppys) and loading it again into the mpc memory correctly.
By hok-2 Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 pm
Hi, I have a Gotek emulator in my Mpc2000 also.
I know of the problem you're having , unfortunately I cold never get it to save on multiple disks either and I now I have a scsi drive to save on, so I stopped trying.

But I have noticed that this dude
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jazzcats ... 9503294538
Now has them in some Mpc2000's on his site
I think he is a member of this furum and maybe he might of worked out how to do it.

What I used to do is save several different programs with the sounds spread across them
By first saving the program without sounds , then removing some of the sounds in the program so it's within 1.40mb
And Saving it in parts i.e - kit 1 part A Prog- Part B Prog- Part C Prog - etc

Then when you're loading the song back up, load all the programs to get all the samples into the memory - Then load the program without sounds last.

You can save all sequences and songs to another partition.

Hope that helps.
By Dan Jose Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 am
I can save a song across multiple disks on my usb.

When it says “memory is full load new disk” I click one of the buttons on the emulator to a new free formatted disk then click save. If says disk full (it’s not because I know I have just formatted it) I just click save again right away and it works. It’s still like saving with floppy disks just faster

Usually I save the project and program files on the first disk and then the rest of the disks are just samples

Also with the HXC software on my mac I can extract individual files on from the disks on the usb and put them on my desktop 8)
By Ots Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm
Wazup folks,

So, I was having the same problem of having of making tiny programs and them saving each one separately, because my MPC was not able to recognize when I pressed the button to change to a new partition.

However, I friend of mine told me that It was a due to the jumpers positions. Last night I tested and got the right ones.

The jumper needs to be on the first pairs (MO) from right to left.
In my case the driver came with 2 jumpers, I removed one and I'm using only one and It is working like a charm on both cases, loading and saving. When I'm saving a large project, the MPC asks to change the driver and when the button is pressed it understands the changes.

Now I don't need to waste time saving small pieces and shit. I hope it work for you guys. :)
By AWW~NAWW Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:41 pm
Ots wrote:Wazup folks,

So, I was having the same problem of having of making tiny programs and them saving each one separately, because my MPC was not able to recognize when I pressed the button to change to a new partition.

However, I friend of mine told me that It was a due to the jumpers positions. Last night I tested and got the right ones.

The jumper needs to be on the first pairs (MO) from right to left.
In my case the driver came with 2 jumpers, I removed one and I'm using only one and It is working like a charm on both cases, loading and saving. When I'm saving a large project, the MPC asks to change the driver and when the button is pressed it understands the changes.

Now I don't need to waste time saving small pieces and ****. I hope it work for you guys. :)

Which one did you remove? The one on the end or the one next to it?

By richie Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Somekid wrote:I just installed one and now I'm getting the "NO DISK" error when I try to format it... Any tips?

Contact the person you purchased it from.
By Flux302 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 pm
Has anyone figured out if some of these jumpers will allow it to emulate a Zip drive or larger file size instead of just small floppy disks?