Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By DaroneDiamonds Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm
Ots wrote:Wazup folks,

So, I was having the same problem of having of making tiny programs and them saving each one separately, because my MPC was not able to recognize when I pressed the button to change to a new partition.

However, I friend of mine told me that It was a due to the jumpers positions. Last night I tested and got the right ones.

The jumper needs to be on the first pairs (MO) from right to left.
In my case the driver came with 2 jumpers, I removed one and I'm using only one and It is working like a charm on both cases, loading and saving. When I'm saving a large project, the MPC asks to change the driver and when the button is pressed it understands the changes.

Now I don't need to waste time saving small pieces and ****. I hope it work for you guys. :)

I am wondering, is this the same for MPC2000XL? I am having trouble figuring out how to save and it says there’s not enough space when I only have like 2 or 3 samples loaded onto pads and I have 32 megabytes installed. Please help and thank you.
By richie Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:43 pm
DaroneDiamonds wrote:[
I am wondering, is this the same for MPC2000XL? I am having trouble figuring out how to save and it says there’s not enough space when I only have like 2 or 3 samples loaded onto pads and I have 32 megabytes installed. Please help and thank you.

If you purchased a Gotek card reader, you're only limited to 1.4mb per disk.

You'd have to swap through 32 disks to save your whole beat. That is why for years I been telling people to not buy a Gotek and buy a SCSI2SD for less money and more storage. At least with that you can save a whole beat.