Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Jeremy Ward Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:00 am
SO,I got this MPC 2000xl off Ebay from a guy who said it was fresh out the box never used. Got it home turned it on and tried to sample something. There was an apparent static sound only when recording a sound. And upon playing back the recorded sample. when the sound was being played through the machine no static. I have been doing audio for a long time and heard my fair share of records made on the 2000xl. I have some joints myself that were produced on it. Never heard this noise. I returned it to the guy for a refund and he started tripping saying I don't like grimey gritty rap. The most recent joint I made was with Planet Asia so he can **** off. But I wanted to know if anyone has heard such a claim that the 2000xl has a static crackle upon recording. This sound is not from the records but from the unit. I am not a dummy and know when something sounds off. I think the motherboard was faulty but need someone else's opinion. Let me know y'all! Peace
By distortedtekno Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:14 pm
Your seller sounds like a total douchebag and a scammer. Put in an item not as described claim with ebay, let them handle it, and save all your messages from your seller to support your claim. You'll still get refunded by ebay if your seller doesn't comply with them.