Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Bystig daddy Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:51 pm
ok ive read on this sight about aftermarket sounds and i have shopped around but i cannot find a profesional sounding drum kit out there. what i do find are a couple of good sounding percussion samples for every 20 crappy sounds i get. im tired of wasting my money and having to hunt and peck through sounds then add layers of effects to get what i need ( like a profesionally recorded standard set with tight bass drums and clean hats and snares recorded by a profesional drummer) Is what im describing out there? no matter what the cost? this seems to be the place to ask so what do you guys think? i know theres someone on this site that knows what im talking about so get at me.
By en2 Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:29 am
make ur own kit or check out bangin beats, theyre pretty nice....

By egokilla Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:56 pm
I like Acid's RADS for a live drum feel... When arranged they have a live sound to them. If your having a hard time finding quality drum sounds.. Look for "Live Beats" series, or sample your own cd's.

While looking I found this:

http://www.alternativeculture.com/music/sound.htm

haha-

By mjk Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:18 pm
have you tried the Bob Clearmountain CDs, or looked at Steve Smith's drum CD

By florian77 Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:43 am
For real Drumsounds, i´m using the Bob Clearmountain CDs too, really good Hihats....Most samples are provided with at least three different dynamic levels.

By egokilla Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:04 am
A really good set of drum samples that everyone should have is
Phil Collins- In the air tonight. PLenty of enough drum solo's to hack up each sound. I can post it, if you wants it.

By DeckMusicJD Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:14 pm
Yea i have the same problem...so many shitty sounding drum samples.

I think the best thing to do is make your own samples. Thats what i've been doing, and if you know someone with a good drum kit, and some quality mics you will get nice custom sounds....but in order to make high quality samles you really need a recorder, a good sounding set (that is tuned too), and some good mics. If you dont really have any of these the process might be pretty tough and you might not come out with any samples that sounded how you wanted.

were does everyone buy the Bob Clearmountain CDs? I saw one on eBay sell for 80 bucks...can they be found any cheaper than that?

Also, egokilla, i wouldnt mind taking a listen to the phil collins' loops if you have them uploaded already.

Peace

By jontakiff Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:55 pm
Hey:

What happened to the good old fashioned snatching drum sounds off records?

Find someone with a big ass record collection, a bunch of hip hop instrumental records, etc...and sit there for a week. Can be painstaking but at least your sounds have already been tweaked and mastered...

By egokilla Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:16 pm
Here is a fill I created out of those chops, It doesnt sound too live to me, but it's all in the arrangment.

Mixed

turn your monitors down- this may clip