Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Coz Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 am
There's some TUNES in this thread! :worthy:

distortedtekno wrote:We should all do an MPC-Forums House Compilation sometime after the New Year.

I'd be down for it! House isn't my forte at all but I'd give it a go. :nod:
By distortedtekno Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:15 am
Coz wrote:There's some TUNES in this thread! :worthy:

distortedtekno wrote:We should all do an MPC-Forums House Compilation sometime after the New Year.

I'd be down for it! House isn't my forte at all but I'd give it a go. :nod:

Cool. It's been a few years since I made any house tracks. But it's always fun, and this thread inspired me to wanna make some more.
By richie Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:01 pm
I've been trying to figure out how to go about making deep house death metal but nothing is coming out the way I'd want.
By richie Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:13 am
@hok-2 wise words man, wise words.
By hok-2 Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 am
@richie Haha! You should do it man, been trying to imagine what that would sound like and I just find it impossible to even imagine.
Maybe you're onto the next big thing.

It's been cool hearing you peoples tunes, some nice vibes going down and I've got a lot of inspiration from them.
I've got a mpc2000, a S3000 and a Roland D-10 which I reckon is a good combination for house music, so if I keep working at it I should come up with something eventually.
Oh a thanks to the guy who uploaded those 808 and Dmx kits. Mmm free stuff!
Nice one.
By richie Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:10 am
@hok-2 I think I need to start digging for death metal vocals that I can make into stabs to replace the generic soul vocals. I would imagine it to sound like how a house beat would but with all death metal versions of the samples.

Edit: Go figure there is a cool Kontakt instrument with all these samples http://soundiron.com/products/voices-of-rage

Edit 2: I bought the Kontakt instrument. Now I guess I just have to prioritize some time to give this a try.
By fknchino Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 am
yeah man totally rock on deep house and death metal. kill it bro u will win. great purchase by the way
By richie Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:21 am
fknchino wrote:yeah man totally rock on deep house and death metal. kill it bro u will win. great purchase by the way

This ice on my wrist never been about a lie.
By fknchino Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:14 pm
richie wrote:
fknchino wrote:yeah man totally rock on deep house and death metal. kill it bro u will win. great purchase by the way

This ice on my wrist never been about a lie.

By hok-2 Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:44 pm
@Richie cool man, that pack looks pretty comprehensive.
Be good to hear what you come up with cus, like I say: my mind can not even comprehend what that would sound like. I've tried it, in my brain, and I just can't do it. :lol: :lol:
But I want to!

Just wondering if any of you mans have any insight into quantize settings
for house beats.
I know there is probably no golden rule but, I took a loop, chopped it into separate drums and then tried to remake the same pattern and it literally took me ages to figure out a quantize that was similar to the original
It was just a 4 to the floor but getting the shuffle feel on the hats and tightness in the off ghost snares...
Anyway I settled on: 1/6 50%
Then most of it was fine and only had to move a few hi hats forward or backwards.
Anyone got any quantize advise?
By tapedeck Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm
no there is no 'deep house quantisation setting'. :hmmm:
every track is gonna have a slightly unique groove, not sure what to tell you about this one particular track you are trying to recreate. 1/6 - isn't that like a triplet feel?

if yall want some more tips...
just use 1/16 and shift timing, try different settings on different tracks.