Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By kingston ultra Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 am
Wallace wrote:
tapedeck wrote:velocity->amp 0%
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

Just checked this out on a dx7 chord. On point. Thanks man.

loving this thread... Gonna try this tip out over the weekend, with a little moog delay pedal added in for good measure
legends
By Wallace Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:06 am
kingston ultra wrote:
Wallace wrote:
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

Just checked this out on a dx7 chord. On point. Thanks man.

loving this thread... Gonna try this tip out over the weekend, with a little moog delay pedal added in for good measure
legends

That will be tight!
By hok-2 Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:30 pm
I watched this recently
I'm not trying to spam or promote this dudes sample pack
I just found it informative how he made a beat.
The shiz he doe's with the vocal chopping is something I would have never even thought of but makes sense when I saw it.
Anyway, I got a bit hyped off it.

PeAcE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU3J ... FPLtq8zvCk
By kingston ultra Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:54 am
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

Im can't find my way to change the
velocity to amp
velocity to filter settings you guys are talking about

sorry for the newb mpc classic question,
cheers for help
By tapedeck Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:52 pm
kingston ultra wrote:
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

Im can't find my way to change the
velocity to amp
velocity to filter settings you guys are talking about

sorry for the newb mpc classic question,
cheers for help

open window key - cant recall exactly where...filter amt? :mrgreen:
By Wallace Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:44 am
Program sound > param > cursor on envelope section - press open window

Program sound > param > cursor on filter section - press open window

Above is for the XL, not sure if the same for classic.
By hok-2 Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 am
I've been trying to do a bit of house lately so I find this thread interesting.
I've always regarded it as slightly primitive to be honest, just because of the 4 to the floor bass drum pattern. ( no doubt all the Hip Hop heads are nodding and agreeing with me on this)

But I have a new found respect for it, cus I realize it isnt actually that easy to make a good house tune or to make it interesting enough to keep your attention for the whole length of a song.

Here's my latest atemp.
https://soundcloud.com/flamprider/alatonel

I'd appreciate any feedback/constructive criticism or even someone saying "yo that shit is wack" don't worry I don't think it's great either :lol:

It would be nice to hear the tunes that you House heads make too, it's all useful and helps us home our crafts.
By distortedtekno Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm
hok-2 wrote:I've been trying to do a bit of house lately so I find this thread interesting.
I've always regarded it as slightly primitive to be honest, just because of the 4 to the floor bass drum pattern. ( no doubt all the Hip Hop heads are nodding and agreeing with me on this)

But I have a new found respect for it, cus I realize it isnt actually that easy to make a good house tune or to make it interesting enough to keep your attention for the whole length of a song.

Here's my latest atemp.

I'd appreciate any feedback/constructive criticism or even someone saying "yo that shit is wack" don't worry I don't think it's great either :lol:

It would be nice to hear the tunes that you House heads make too, it's all useful and helps us home our crafts.

I've been a househead since the late '80s and that sounds really good. :nod:
By Wallace Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:56 am
hok-2 wrote:I've been trying to do a bit of house lately so I find this thread interesting.

Here's my latest atemp.

I'd appreciate any feedback/constructive criticism or even someone saying "yo that **** is wack" don't worry I don't think it's great either :lol:

Re: Primitive - that's how we like house! Raw on the floor. Purely functional, to get down and party!

Your track is pretty good. I like the part with the deep filtered chord/pad thing.

I've had a couple of releases on different aliases over the years. Nothing made on the mpc though. All my previous work was on Logic or the Maschine. Should have some MPC stuff released soon, stuff is more raw, no effects, just samples from my record collection.

This is coming out soon (Maschine based)

This came out a while back, more new disco than house (Logic based)

Last edited by Wallace on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tapedeck Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:56 pm
Wallace wrote:.... All my previous work was on Logic or the Maschine...

i'd be interested in tips you find when using logic. are you running mostly samples via exs24? synths? 3rd party plugins? when i use logic, i try to stick with built-in au's as much as possible, with a couple free 3rd party ones i use on almost every production, and any plugins i write for myself.
By Wallace Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:07 pm
tapedeck wrote:
Wallace wrote:.... All my previous work was on Logic or the Maschine...

i'd be interested in tips you find when using logic. are you running mostly samples via exs24? synths? 3rd party plugins? when i use logic, i try to stick with built-in au's as much as possible, with a couple free 3rd party ones i use on almost every production, and any plugins i write for myself.

Logic is now a tape deck for me.

In the past I used 3rd party synths and samples. But really, Logic is very well serviced as far as effects and instruments go. I also sampled my Juno 106 and Dx7 to make exs24 patches (there is Juno and Dx7 throughout those tracks). Sampled records etc. My fav 3rd party plug in was the Audio Damage ADverb. Basically an 80s reverb emu. I also play guitar so that makes in it sometimes.

Now I am using only the 2kxl and my 1000 odd record collection. I'm loving the results so far and I'm really still a novice at the mpc. Just picking up tricks and tips here has helped immensely.

edit: I didn't really answer your question. As far as tips for Logic, I am probably not the person to give out the tips because I have moved on from it because I felt like it wasn't a good match for me. But that's any daw really. I am not the kinda person who does well when presented with limitless options. Logic, Cubase etc, these things are amazing pieces of technology in the right hands. You can do anything if you have the ideas and the knowledge of how a daw works. If you have any specific problems I am happy to try and help, but I am no Yodo.
By JUKE 179r Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 am
hok-2 wrote:Here's my latest atemp.

This was done on an MPC? Nice!

I will always be a House head ever since my early days of Chicago House Music clubbing back in '84.
And I got the record collection to prove it. :smoker:
By kingston ultra Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:22 am
tapedeck wrote:
velocity->amp 0%
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

I can't work it out on the classic,
is there any one doing this on a classic that can help?
cheers legends
By dcook79 Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:03 pm
nice track hok-2 . only feedback i might offer, is MORE chord/pad that came in around 1min mark....it teased and disappeared.

Secondly,
maybe change things up a tad and evolve your drums....sounded like one pattern throughout.

Here are a few of my proper releases, all some started in reason years ago, but later fleshed out, tweaked and finished on an MPC 1000 with some external gear..