Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tmulgrew Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 pm
So my MPC 2000xl has stopped working and the problem is the the title here. It turns on but the LCD stays blank and all the lights stay on, nothing more.

Burnt circuit board? Something else?
By JUKE 179r Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:09 pm
Did you happen to insert the 8-outs card cable backwards? Hmmmm?
By tmulgrew Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 am
Just stopped working one day. Then once, miraculously, it worked again, but that was an anomaly.

I was between moves and it didn't get used for about 3 months. That's that only major thing that happened.
By Aureo.B Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 am
I have the same problem on a mpc2000.
I press the power botton and all the lights and screen turns on but nothing more.
I bought It few days ago and the seller has sent it to me...
After 7 attempts more or less I opened and reconnected the power supply wires. Pressed the button twice again and It works.
Then I did´t use it by 2 days, and once again when I press power It stay freeze.
I hit it on the power board side and the firs message appear on the screen but nothing more.
But then I made a few attempts and again works.
Maybe some power supply component?
By Fred Doe Thu May 12, 2016 8:07 pm
Same problem here. Did you finally fix it ?

Aureo.B wrote:I have the same problem on a mpc2000.
I press the power botton and all the lights and screen turns on but nothing more.
I bought It few days ago and the seller has sent it to me...
After 7 attempts more or less I opened and reconnected the power supply wires. Pressed the button twice again and It works.
Then I did´t use it by 2 days, and once again when I press power It stay freeze.
I hit it on the power board side and the firs message appear on the screen but nothing more.
But then I made a few attempts and again works.
Maybe some power supply component?
By richie Thu May 12, 2016 9:24 pm
Fred, people never respond when the issue is resolved unfortunately.
By The Jackal Thu May 12, 2016 11:25 pm
richie wrote:Fred, people never respond when the issue is resolved unfortunately.

Makes me wonder why this forum doesn't have a Troubleshooting/Issues/Well-known problems kinda thread on the index page.

Something to take into consideration, Mr. Admin. :mrgreen: *hint hint* :mrgreen:
By JUKE 179r Fri May 13, 2016 1:29 pm
I'm sure Tutor and the other Mods could do this. But the person who posted the problem should still return and tell us, in detail, how they fixed the problem.
I've seen on other forums people post in the subject title "PROBLEM SOLVED" to show that, obviously, the problem was solved.
By distortedtekno Fri May 13, 2016 4:54 pm
Yeah I agree that people should let us know when and how their issues were resolved. I usually ask, hoping for some follow up. Some do, some don't. As for compiling troubleshooting info, it's a lot of work between digging up old threads and copying the info. But maybe at some point we can make a sticky topic and do something with it.
By DMAC Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:56 pm
Had same issue about 2 years ago, all lights on, drive running, lights on, nothing else from that point. there was a connection fried on the motherboard, i ended up swapping the whole thing out instead of paying for a fix. Smooth sailing from there.