Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mr_debauch Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:49 am
yeah tell me about it... the sega dreamcast had a 256kb limit on the VMU amounts so the 4x capacity ones by other brands had a toggle switch to change banks.
By richie Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:02 am
@mr_debauch yeah exactly man!

I don't know about the rest of you but I've wondered of the possibility to clone the FX card. I assume that the main ic is a custom one but maybe anyone else can shed some light?
By mr_debauch Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 am
man... i like the mpc 60 feature you dont see on other models really... the echo send mixer. it's a mono output with stereo return, and it works great for all echo/reverb or any effect that works with wet/dry.
By tapedeck Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:52 pm
mr_debauch wrote:it goes in a different slot from the fx board as far as i know...

i know, but haven't i read that because of the physical orientation of the things, you can't actually use both at the same time?

do correct me if i'm wrong but i swore i read something about it being an either/or situation.
By richie Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 am
@distorted I almost bought one but realized the only use I would personally have for it would be to load the OS on my MPC 2000.
By tapedeck Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:23 pm
i just looked in the manual and i must be confused about not being able to install both boards together...i swore i read that somewhere. from the manual it looks like they can all be installed at the same time.
in that case - yea i'm interested :mrgreen:
By richie Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:29 pm
@Star One hi there. $10 is certainly worth the cost if a schematic is illustrated inside. On a side note, too bad nothing ever became of the EXM boards but I guess it comes down to demand. :)
By Star One Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:36 am
Well actually I found all the components we need! Just needed to figure out the size, but yeah it's pretty much done now! When I got free time if I wasn't playing Counter Strike I was working on it :nod:
By Jimmy&Rac Mon May 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Star One wrote:Well actually I found all the components we need! Just needed to figure out the size, but yeah it's pretty much done now! When I got free time if I wasn't playing Counter Strike I was working on it :nod:

Hi how did u go with it? :worthy: :worthy:
By PHein Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:57 pm
Hey there,

has anyone got a pic of this MPC card? Frontside and backside?

I‘m planning to rebuild this card. I‘ve got schematics, but no pcb.
By WASKMUSIC Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am
Hi PHein,

i can supply you a scan of the actual FMX008M board. How about contacting me via email so we can work together a lot closer. Where are you located at? I am in germany.

Cheers
Wask

Edit:
Actually scanning is not possible due to the height of the board, but i managed to make a good amount of photos in daylight which should totally suit your needs.