Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By littlejackal Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:49 am
Is there any chance you could share those photos of the FMX008? I’m tossing my hat in the ring to see how easily a clone PCB can be designed. Would love to throw any possible gerber/layout files on github for everyone to share. Figure the PCB is easy enough to duplicate but not sure whether any of the chips are custom fabs :(
By richie Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:11 am
dopeshtonly out in Italy cloned them a year or two ago.
By benguiver Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:14 pm
there is a interconnector on the mpc 2KXL to enable the board to be mounted at right angles to the motherboard since due to the internal size limitations of the case it wouldnt be possible to mount an FMX008M otherwise.
hey Taro2KXL - while you're at it, the EMU E64 has a serious memory limitation in that while you can have loads of sample memory, the pattern memory tends to be limited by the 1mb sequence / patch memory [the 2mb upgrade is very rare] which means you cant always load patches from sample cd's since the patch size exceeds the 1mb limitation. maybe you could make a 2mb system ram upgrade for the EMU E64 too? :)
By richie Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:47 pm
benguiver wrote:hey Taro2KXL - while you're at it, the EMU E64 has a serious memory limitation in that while you can have loads of sample memory,

Hey Benguiver, TARO2KXL hasn't logged in the forum for 7+ years now. I would not hold my breath expecting a response from them.