Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Remedial Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:39 pm
Anybody have any suggestions on packaging, companies that would be good to use for shipping my MPC and the accompanying records?
By Remedial Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:48 pm
Come on folk. Somebody has to have something to say.

By ksada Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:47 pm
heavy on the bubble wrap and perhaps box the box if you dont have the original styro... put records in a different box.
By Remedial Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:17 pm
I'm going to be doing this really soon, so I need some help.

By JAMES Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:45 pm
just go to the local posting place and ask there advice! ask the people who know! its not something alot of peeps would really know about!
ByMarq One Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 am
spend some time and a few bucks and do the following:

(1) Play it safe and use air shipping. It may cost some serious bank, but your items will be a lot safer in the air, then going ground. I recently moved from CA to FL and thought I would save a few buck and use !#*-Ex Ground. Needless to say my **** was pretty busted when I got. My records where cool, but my turns (which were shipped in OEM packaging and wrapped with a grip of bubble wrap were not. One of the plastic cases (yeah, I still have the cases) was busted to ****. I swear, it's like someone jumped on it. Then, when you want to file a claim...man, it's the runaround. I got fed up and just dropped it...I just wont use them again.

(2) You may want to inventory your wax and catalog what is in each box (possible pain in the ***). But it just may save you some headaches if you never receive one of your boxes. I packed my wax may 3/4 of the way full and then put t-shirts and newspaper on the sides and top.

One more thing, when packing things to ship, tape is your best friend so don't be stingy. Tape, tape, tape, like it's going out of style (hehe, damn I sound like my folks). And don't forget to insure all your boxes.

Good luck

Peace
By Remedial Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:54 pm
[quote="Marq One"]spend some time and a few bucks and do the following:

One of the plastic cases (yeah, I still have the cases) was busted to ****. I swear, it's like someone jumped on it.

So, they gave you plastic cases? Fed Ex? Gotta check em out. I'm thinking about going to Mailboxes Etc. and see what they have to say.
By en2 Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:23 am
If u use the akai box that the mpc came in that should be sufficient...those styrospacers insulate the mpc nicely, just make sure those are secure with more packing to make the box immovable and put some fragile stickers on it and send it usps insured and its all good!

peace
en2