Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Chillone Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm
Hey for those who got a gotek floppy emulator their mpc 2000, after countless attempts to put mpc os on USB to boot. I finally did it and I need to share this info. Ok I got a mpc2000 boot disk from eBay, after some research I came across a program for Windows 7 called winimage. I installed it. Then using my USB floppy drive I made a exact image of the floppy then I got my USB stick and put it in the emulator to format and partition into 999 sections by holding both buttons on drive until it reads F01 then release buttons and USB stick will be formatted into 999 partitions once that's done turn off mpc and install stick in your PC . Now when you go into My computer drive should read DSK000 OR DSK001 NOW GO TO FILE MENU SELECT DRIVE THAT U WANT IMAGE ON (DSK000 OR DSK001) AND GO DISK MENU AND SELECT WRITE DISK AND IMAGE WILL BE MOUNTED ON USB STICK. Now put it in the Gotek emulator and start mpc it will read as a disk and load software on mpc 2000. I rushed to post this but I'm sure it will help you. :P
By hok-2 Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:17 am
"If you have more than 1.44mb of data to save, will it save on multiple disks (partitions)?
Somewhere I read that was an issue"

That could have been me, its the problem I've always had with mine but, I'm not particularly technilogically savy so it could be my own human error.
By distortedtekno Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:26 pm
hok-2 wrote:"If you have more than 1.44mb of data to save, will it save on multiple disks (partitions)?
Somewhere I read that was an issue"

That could have been me, its the problem I've always had with mine but, I'm not particularly technilogically savy so it could be my own human error.

That's the only issue that's made me hesitant to buy a Gotek emulator. If it is possible to save over 1.44mb on multiple partitions, then I'd be on board entirely and wouldn't need to recommend MO disks. Hopefully Chillone can help you get yours working properly.
By richie Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 pm
Efficient little bugger, already selling the preloaded usbs on eBay too!
By richie Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:51 am
Daedalvirtuoso13 wrote:
Chillone wrote:Later this week I will have USB sticks loaded with os I will only charge $5 for cost of Stick and shipping.

How can I reach you

That person has not logged in to this site since 2016.