Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tapedeck Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:23 pm
as i recall, your program does some magic to access mpc files from a cf card or whatever before the computer os does.

can you talk a bit about this? like, what is a good procedure to mount a cf card from my mpc so your program gets it before macos turns it into garbage? do you start the program first, then connect the card reader?

i am aware it's still being worked on and so it's probably best to have backups and do this on a test card first.
By izmael Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 am
tapedeck wrote:as i recall, your program does some magic to access mpc files from a cf card or whatever before the computer os does.

can you talk a bit about this? like, what is a good procedure to mount a cf card from my mpc so your program gets it before macos turns it into garbage? do you start the program first, then connect the card reader?

i am aware it's still being worked on and so it's probably best to have backups and do this on a test card first.

In the Java version of vMPC there was a CF/USB FAT16 reader. In the current version of vMPC this will be implemented at some point, but it currently isn't.

I can't remember clearly the details of retaining the MPC's 16.3 file names. For Windows I'm pretty sure it doesn't start messing things up on the CF until you use Explorer or a similar application to modify a file. Nothing is messed up just yet when you simply read a volume, even though it looks different to how the 2KXL would show you the volume content.

For OSX I vaguely remember having to turn off one or more services related to Finder, like indexing and creation of .DS_Store perhaps, to achieve something similar. But I'm less sure of this. I'll have to play around with OSX once more to see what's going on.

Cool you remember this feature though, it's one of my favorites. I'll add it to the feature requests and hopefully start working on it this month or the next one.
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:32 pm
yeah on windows (not in the vmpc software) it would screw up if you used 16.3 while naming files on the mpc by replacing some characters with ~ .. that is why it is recommended to use 8 characters while naming on the mpc. it saves on fixing the file names later and rebuilding the program on the mpc when you reload a project.

That is cool that you found a way to not have that issue happen.
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm
Whatever happened to this app? It used to work for me now it stopped on Yosemite.
By SMW Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm
JulesBeats wrote:Where can I find this? In a bit of an MPC emergency, and need this bad.

Did some fast searching and found this site with dl links plus other stuff: https://www.izmar.nl/index.php/downloads

I haven't tried this emulator myself, I'm sticking with the "real deal", 2000 Classic lmao :smoker: Looking good, though.
By weilhalt Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 am
vmpc2000 always crashes on startup and as vst3. it might be caused by non-english chracters in my username, this often happens with plugins that do not take into account that there is an internationl audience for their stuff. maybe it this is the issue.
By izmael Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:04 pm
Hi weilhalt, I have fixed the issue with non-English characters in path names a while back (before you made your post, I think). I will double-check if this still works as intended. You can also get in touch with me through info at izmar dot nl.